About Uniting’s Permanency Support Program
- The Permanency Support Program (PSP) aims to give every child/young person a loving home, whether that be with parents, family, extended family or through guardianship, adoption or quality long term care
- We provide culturally supported placement options for children and young people 0-18 years of age
- PSP also provides a ‘light touch’ Aftercare service for young people 18-25 years who have left foster care and for the next 4 years will collaborate with Uniting’s Extended Care Pilot program team to provide holistic support to young people using the Advantage Thinking approach
About the opportunity
This role is key in engaging, enlivening and supporting Uniting’s PSP carers and support services for carers. Members of the Uniting team in this role will relate to carers in the PSP Framework with strong messages about restoration, connection with family and short-term placement principles.
This position is offered on a Permanent Full-time basis and the successful application will work out of our Uniting Oatlands (North Parramatta) offices.
- This is an identified position for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people All applicants must be of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander decent. Aboriginality is a genuine qualification authorised under Section 14(d) of the Anti-Discrimination ACT 1977
- Strong advocate for children, young people and families
- You will provide information and training on the carer role to potential foster carers including Shared lives training.
- You will build strong links with carers and between carers enabling carer support and support networks.
- Excellent communication and conflict resolution skills
- Proven ability to build effective networks to support children
- In depth knowledge and understanding of family finding principles
- Collaborative team player
- Committed to compliance - legal, government and policy
Benefits and culture
Working to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice brings its own rewards, but there’s more including:
- Welcoming you exactly as you are
- Work you’ll be proud of
- You’ll have access to a range of support and opportunities including:
- Salary-packaging options
- Wellbeing programs
- Learning and development opportunities
- Diverse and inclusive workplace
- Flexible working arrangements
- Regular supervision, support and team meetings
If you feel you have the passion and ability to make a real difference then please apply now! Or contact Alex Sullivan from Uniting’s Talent Acquisition Team on; 0466 801 937 / email@example.com using the subject line: Carer Engagement & Support Consultant - Aboriginal Identified enquiry via EthicalJobs for more information.
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which will include a National Police, reference and Working with Children checks.