This is a permanent full-time (35 hours / week) opportunity and will be based in Coffs Harbour
About Uniting’s Permanency Support Program
- The Permanency Support Program (PSP) aims to give every child/young person a loving home, whether that be with parents, family, extended family or through guardianship, adoption or quality long term care
- We provide culturally supported placement options for children and young people 0-18 years of age
- PSP also provides a ‘light touch’ Aftercare service for young people 18-25 years who have left foster care and for the next 4 years will collaborate with Uniting’s Extended Care Pilot program team to provide holistic support to young people using the Advantage Thinking approach
About the role
- This role is responsible for assisting the casework team with some aspects of case management to achieve permanency outcomes when a child or young person enters Uniting’s care
- This role is a recognised pathway and development opportunity to a full Caseworker role
- For more details refer to the attached job description here.
- Diploma (minimum) in Community Services or enrolled and working towards a social service qualification
- Strong advocate for children, young people and families
- Collaborative team player
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Committed to compliance – legal, government and policy
- Technology savvy
- Committed to continuous improvement
Benefits and culture
Working to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice brings its own rewards, but there’s more
- Welcoming you exactly as you are
- Work you’ll be proud of
- You’ll have access to a range of support and opportunities including -
- Salary-packaging options
- Wellbeing programs
- Learning and development opportunities
- Diverse and inclusive workplace
- Flexible working arrangements
- Regular supervision, support and team meetings
Should you have any questions, please contact Alex Sullivan from Uniting’s Talent Acquisition Team firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Casework Support Worker - Permanency Support Program - Coffs Harbour enquiry via EthicalJobs for more information.
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks, which include National Police Checks, Working with Children Checks and Reference Checks.
At Uniting we believe vaccination to be the best way to keep our employees and clients safe from COVID-19. We require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.