About the Role
This role is a full time, closed period contract until June 2024. (35 hours per week)
Recovery Support Service is aimed at identifying community members impacted by the recent flooding. You will engage, triage and assess people impacted by the recent floods in the Lismore area. This will involve supporting people to build capacity, develop community linkages and access all available support services.
- Manage a caseload of up to 60 community members at any one time
- Provide a tiered support response to flood affected communities such as advice, assessment, short term casework, case planning, service coordination
- Cold calling and meeting community members in recovery centres and other locations
- Provide safety planning and structure for community members
- Coordinate and follow through with referral information and community linkages
- Maintain up to date client records and information
- For more information please click the RSS Caseworker Position Description.pdf
- Qualifications in Social Services
- Experience supporting and working within the community
- Ability to lead and support short term casework
- Understanding of the child protection framework
- Experience working with Aboriginal children, young people and their families in a way that is culturally appropriate
- Flexibility to provide services at flexible times and locations that are suitable to their needs
- Current working with children’s check
- Current NSW drivers licence
If you have any questions or require further details then please contact Soraya Kauhiva on 0466 867 721 or firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Caseworker - Recovery Support Services enquiry via EthicalJobs.
We will be reviewing applications as soon as we receive them and contact suitable candidates for interview.
In return we offer
- Employee benefits including attractive salary packaging options
- Additional weeks annual leave
- 35 hour working week with time in lieu
- Mentoring and professional development opportunities
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks, which include National Police Checks, Working with Children Checks and Reference Checks and confirmation of covid vaccinations.