About the opportunity
Uniting is seeking experienced Leisure and Wellness Coordinator to embody the Uniting person-centred care approach which aims to celebrate our clients as unique individuals on a Fixed Term Permanent Full Time Basis (up to the 30th Jun 2022).
Key responsibilities may include:
- Provide opportunities to improve clients quality of life through facilitating relationship-enabling environment & activities.
- To build and deliver an integrated approach for community engagement and inclusion that reflects the unique needs of each client, within and external to the home
- Establish relationships and networks within your local community to promote active ageing opportunities.
- Promote the rights and privacy of our clients, in accordance with relevant policy and legislation
- Work for the continuous improvement of our service to ensure its the best it can be, in line with Age Care Accreditation Standards.
- Certificate IIV Leisure and Lifestyle and/or equivalent qualifications and experience
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Current Drivers License
Skills & experience
- A good insight into the health, social or age care service industries
- Expert understanding of what creates meaningful engagement for clients
- A sound understanding of community engagement and inclusions
- Know-how of contemporary leisure and lifestyle assessment and program planning processes
- Exceptional ability to engage and communicate with a range of stakeholders and develop partnerships
- Great understanding of Work Health and Safety principles and risk management practices.
- At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice. We commit to respecting children and take action to keep them safe.
- Our services are in the areas of aged care and disability, community services, and chaplaincy and we get involved in social justice and advocacy issues that impact the people we serve.
- As an organisation we celebrate our diversity and welcome all people regardless of lifestyle choices, ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity.
We are bold, imaginative, respectful and compassionate.
Benefits & culture
Uniting is proud to be an EEO employer. Uniting supports an inclusive approach in the workplace. We celebrate our diversity and welcome staff regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity and lifestyle choices. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
- Ongoing training & development
- Career development opportunities
To Apply Now
All applications can be submitted directly on Uniting Careers. Simply click Begin to submit an application.
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which include a National Police Check and Reference Check.