At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
About the opportunity
An exciting opportunity exists for a Quality and Service Improvement Specialist to join our Home and Community Care team on an 18 month closed period contract. Reporting directly to the Quality Improvement Lead (Ageing) whilst indirectly reporting to the Head of Quality and Service Improvement (Governance, Risk & Quality). The successful candidate will be responsible for contributing to the development of Uniting’s continuous improvement and quality management initiatives with Home and Community Care.
The role will be based in Parramatta with the opportunity to work remotely, but will require travel across NSW & ACT in line with organisational need.
- Assist and support service stream leaders to develop and evaluate quality systems and processes
- Monitor service stream continuous improvement initiatives with a specific focus on scope, implementation, reporting and monitoring.
- Work closely with service stream operations to ensure that the organisation meets accreditation/licensing/funding and program requirements and is prepared for external accreditation/licensing reviews and audits
- Develop, implement, monitor and report on auditing and other assurance activities
- Undertake regular analysis of results, cause and themes to inform improvement plans, including data quality activities
- Apply SME knowledge to process and procedure review and development in consultation with service/practice operation
- SME knowledge and insights through capability and building sharing
- Build relationships of trust and collaboration both inside your SME service/practice/sector area and Uniting
- Understand and remain abreast of regulatory/legislation changes and reforms in your specialisation
- Drive specific projects as required
- Post graduate and/or bachelor qualification in a relevant field with equivalent experience
- Typically, this role will require five (5) or more years’ experience in your field of expertise with two (2) or more years in a similar role.
- You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, be organised, systematic, thorough, accurate and disciplined.
- Previous experience with navigating a complex organisation, forging relationships and managing through influence rather than direct authority
- Sound knowledge of the health and community sector including applicable Australian laws and regulations
- Demonstrated experience in driving quality and service improvement initiatives
- Proven analytic and data analysis skills
- Professional report writing skills
- Strong industry network will be an advantage
- Passion for social change and creating an organisation of influence for the most disadvantaged
- You have worked in a relevant human services sector
- A passion for improving health and quality systems, positive cross team relationships, great project management skills and the ability to understand how technology contributes to tackling these improvements
Benefits & culture
Uniting is proud to be an EEO employer who supports an inclusive approach in the workplace. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
- Salary packaging
- Ongoing training & development
- Career development opportunities
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which includes a National Police Check and Reference Checks