About the opportunity
Uniting is seeking an very experienced Registered Nurse to work at Uniting Amala in Gordon, ACT, on a casual basis.
We want someone who thoroughly enjoys nursing, has excellent clinical skills, can provide engaged leadership and who has a passion for providing exceptional care.
Key responsibilities may include:
- Excel at contemporary clinical assessment, making the most of funding we receive. You’ll be confident using the ACFI funding recording tool to achieve this.
- You will oversee the clinical assessment process to ensure that each of our residents’ complex care needs are identified and regularly reviewed, reassessed and updated in their care plan.
- You’ll advocate with and for our clients and their carers and families to enable choice and decision making that supports independence and quality of life.
- You’ll contribute to a cohesive and harmonious team that respects each other’s ideas, integrity and abilities.
- Your clinical leadership will ensure complex care and specialised nursing services are delivered by appropriately skilled staff under clinically-focused supervision.
Registered Nurse, endorsed by AHPRA
Skills & experience
- A good understanding of contemporary aged care, clinical practice and clinical leadership in a residential setting
- Previous experience in the aged care sector and clinical nursing
- Insight into how relevant state and Commonwealth legislation impacts aged care services
- A good knowledge of the ACFI funding instrument and aged care accreditation standards
Benefits & culture
Uniting is proud to be an EEO employer. Uniting supports an inclusive approach in the workplace. We celebrate our diversity and welcome staff regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity and lifestyle choices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply
- Ongoing training & development
- Career development opportunities
Please note vaccinations may be required.
For any questions please contact your name Talent Acquisition Specialist - Suzie Kelly at email@example.com using the subject line: Registered Nurse - Amala enquiry via EthicalJobs or 0466 526 227.
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which include a National Police Check and Reference Check.
Position Description: Registered Nurse