- Job no: 502526
- Employment Type: Part-time (28 hour week)
- Duration: 3 year contract
- Remuneration: $76K -$86K pro rata (plus 17% superannuation and leave loading)
- Location: Kensington UNSW Campus
- Build a career that feels like a calling
- We are focusing on the future. You can help create a happier healthier graduates
- Progress your career by taking advantage of the many training & development opportunities
UNSW isn’t like other places you’ve worked. Yes, we’re a large organisation with a diverse and talented community; a community doing great things. But what makes us different isn’t what we do, it’s how we do it. Together, we are driven to be thoughtful, practical, and purposeful in all we do.
Why your role matters
The Health Promotion Officer will form an integral part of the Pro Vice-Chancellor Education & Student Experience (PVCESE) portfolio, Wellbeing, Health Promotions team and the UNSW response to mental health providing timely, student focused health communications, aligned with the portfolio Education & Student Experience Strategy.
Who you are
- Relevant tertiary qualification with subsequent relevant experience or equivalent competence gained through any combination of education, training and experience. A Communications degree or equivalent experience developing effective health communications and social media for diverse youth audiences would be a distinct advantage
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to develop impactful messaging for a diverse student audience and proven ability to contribute to or develop communications campaigns
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively using co-design principles and maintain positive and professional relationships with staff at all levels and internal and external stakeholders
- Outstanding organisational skills with proven ability to develop work plans, deal with multiple tasks, establish priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to work flexibly, productively, and effectively as part of a team while operating autonomously and demonstrating strong initiative and a proactive approach to driving process improvements
- An understanding and sensitivity to the diverse health and mental health challenges faced by students and a commitment and willingness to upskill and attend relevant health and wellness trainings
- Advanced level of computer literacy with excellent skills in Microsoft Office applications and databases eg CRM, Dynamics, Word, Visio, PowerPoint, and Excel and Adobe Creative Suite or willingness to undertake training
- An understanding of and commitment to UNSW’s aims, objectives and values in action, together with relevant policies and guidelines
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training.
Click on Apply Now to submit your CV and Cover Letter
Please note applications sent to the contact below can not be accepted.
Talent Acquisition Consultant
firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Project Officer enquiry via EthicalJobs
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.
A position description is attached.