The UNSW Tax Clinic initiative is in support of the government’s commitment to tax help for vulnerable members of the community. The Tax Clinic will improve access to tax justice for all members of the Sydney community by providing tax advice and advocacy, empowering individuals and small businesses through community education, and to remove systemic injustice by advocating for tax reform.
We are looking for a casual administrative assistant to join the Tax Clinic team two - three days per week until July (with possibility of extension).
The position includes the following duties:
- General administrative duties to ensure all services are provided efficiently to meet the operating needs of the clinic;
- Answering and screening calls and booking client appointments as well as responding to emails;
- Liaise with clients and other stakeholders;
- Providing support to our clinic staff and students;
- Assist with other tasks as required.
- Must have community service or social work or medical centre experience;
- Strong organisational skills with a high level of attention to detail;
- Professional presentation, excellent verbal and communication skills;
- Computer and telephone skills;
- Friendly and confident manner;
- Time management skills.