The United Workers Union is seeking a highly motivated Engagement Marketing Specialist. This role can be located in either Qld, NSW or VIC.
This is a new role that will develop and drive engagement marketing strategy for UWU members, supporting campaigns across the organisation to drive growth and retention. It will involve working with a global approach to UWU membership while understanding the specific industries we represent and the experiences of members in those specific industries to establish member lifecycles, onboarding journeys, and more.
ABOUT UNITED WORKERS’ UNION
United Workers’ Union is a powerful member-led union whose sole purpose is to serve the collective interests of members in workplaces and communities by winning significant and long-lasting gains. The Union is driving change by growing union membership, developing leadership amongst our members, encouraging active member participation in the union, building and enforcing standards in our sectors, and campaigning both politically and in the community.
As a union with a proudly diverse membership, we are committed to equity and inclusion; and continuing to build a union that is truly representative of the workers we cover. We encourage applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, LGBTIQ+ people and women.
- Member Segmentation: Develop segmentation strategy, leveraging internal tools to identify and target high propensity member cohorts; identify and leverage new or emerging patterns in customer behaviour to inform strategy and campaign design.
- Member Lifecycle: Design the ideal lifecycle for UWU members as a central framework for all key member journeys and communication
- Onboarding Journeys: Design 6-12 month onboarding journeys for all members and support the Communications and Organising teams in understanding, implementing and optimising them.
- Campaign Design: Design digital retention campaigns to test across segments and establish frameworks for the successful ones to be used across portfolios
- Analysis & Optimisation - Periodically analyse all the established frameworks, lifecycles, journeys and campaigns to assess impact and to ensure that they continue to perform and deliver desired outcomes. Execute tests across marketing channels, using A/B or multi-armed bandit testing to optimize creative and campaign targeting.
- Knowledge Sharing - Help teams across UWU understand how to use engagement marketing frameworks to improve retention in their respective areas. This includes finding creative ways to explain retention marketing to relevant stakeholders across the union
- Audience Insights: Use digital platforms to gather member insights including social media, forums, blogs, and online channels to understand the temperature of the spaces our members are in, in collaboration with the research and data analysis teams.
- Reporting: Post set-up, evaluate the efficacy and operations of all retention marketing activities being carried out across the union and provide monthly reports on performance its impact of churn
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
An Engagement Marketing Specialist demonstrates:
- Knowledge of retention and engagement marketing strategies and experience in rolling it out across a large, complex organisation
- Demonstrated digital marketing experience in a similar role or with consumer facing brands, including integrated campaign management, customer acquisition and retention, promotions, marketing, product marketing and/or channel marketing.
- Proficient in digital marketing tools and CRM platforms like Hubspot. Yabbr etc.
- Understanding of digital metrics and ability to pull performance reports for digital activities
- Strong project management skills amidst uncertainty, managing internal and external stakeholders, and multiple campaigns at once.
- High level writing, designing and editing skills along with excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong leadership, resilience and communication skills to drive recommendations, negotiate outcomes, and communicate plans to senior executives
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a multidisciplinary team to contribute to retention outcomes
- Demonstrated passion and drive to improve workers’ lives
To perform this job, you will also be required to have or obtain and maintain:
- A valid driver’s licence; and
- Right of Entry Permits; and
- Immunisation against COVID-19 or have a medical exemption
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful applicant, which will include:
- Salary commensurate with demonstrated skills and experience;
- 16% superannuation
- 6 weeks annual leave plus 25% leave loading
For further information about the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Engagement Marketing Specialist - QLD / NSW / VIC enquiry via EthicalJobs.