The United Workers Union is seeking highly motivated Developer based in Melbourne.
This role will be fundamental in the delivery of our core product application and will be trusted with the responsibility to investigate and document client issues while facilitating and implementing appropriate resolutions using our partner’s documented development standards when necessary.
The successful candidate will undertake 4 to 8 weeks of training with our software development partner in Canada.
Candidates with experience in an organisation with a large membership/subscriber base will be highly regarded.
ABOUT UNITED WORKERS’ UNION
United Workers’ Union is a powerful member-led union whose sole purpose is to serve the collective interests of members in workplaces and communities by winning significant and long-lasting gains. The Union is driving change by growing union membership, developing leadership amongst our members, encouraging active member participation in the union, building and enforcing standards in our sectors, and campaigning both politically and in the community.
As a union with a proudly diverse membership, we are committed to equity and inclusion; and continuing to build a union that is truly representative of the workers we cover. We encourage applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, LGBTIQ people and women.
- Maintain updated architectural understanding of UnionWare schema, infrastructure, web architecture and security protocols.
- Review requirements provided by Senior Technical Analyst.
- Convert requirements into technical specifications for development with assistance from UnionWare Solution Architect.
- Review technical specifications with Senior Technical Analyst for validate against business requirements.
- Assess, reproduce, troubleshoot, resolve issues and communicate solutions to UnionWare.
- Meet with staff, departments and stakeholders where required.
- Actively contribute to ongoing process improvement and standardisation.
- Collaborate with UW on standards and best practices.
- Contribute to technical knowledge base code documentation.
- Make recommendations of process and technology that will improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the team.
- Attend one-time two month training session in Winnipeg Canada + two 1-week training sessions annually
- Work with support personnel to triage and resolve escalated issues
- Verify problem resolution prior to closure
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Proficiency in SQL, 18+ months experience is required
- Ability to successfully pass a SQL test provided during the interview process
- Experience in Microsoft .NET (VB and/or C# and/or ASP.NET Web Forms) is preferred
- Experience with RESTful APIs is preferred
- Knowledge of Agile development methodology is preferred
- Willingness to regularly work some unusual hours to liaise with partner in North America
- A passion and drive to improve workers’ lives and achieving the goals of the Union.
To perform this job, you will also be required to have or obtain and maintain:
- Immunisation against COVID-19 or have a medical exemption
- Excellent communication skills
- Must possess sound decision-making skills
- High work standards-work ethic, task completion, consistency, follow up, accuracy/attention to detail, time management
- Personal management skills-accountability, self-management, adaptability, creativity, initiative, implementation skills, and problem solving
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful applicant, which will include:
- Salary commensurate with demonstrated skills and experience;
- 16% superannuation
- 6 weeks annual leave plus 25% leave loading
For further information about the role, please email email@example.com using the subject line: Senior Developer enquiry via EthicalJobs.