The United Workers Union is seeking highly motivated Technical Analyst based in Melbourne.
This role will be fundamental in the delivery of our core product application, and will be trusted with the responsibility to act as liaison between the Union’s Business Analyst and the software development partner. The Technical Analyst defines, analyses, documents and prioritizes all client business requirements and works with the Solutions Architect and development team to determine the best solution.
The successful candidate will undertake 4 to 8 weeks of training with our software development partner in Canada.
Candidates with experience in an organisation with a large membership/subscriber base will be highly regarded.
ABOUT UNITED WORKERS’ UNION
United Workers’ Union is a powerful member-led union whose sole purpose is to serve the collective interests of members in workplaces and communities by winning significant and long-lasting gains. The Union is driving change by growing union membership, developing leadership amongst our members, encouraging active member participation in the union, building and enforcing standards in our sectors, and campaigning both politically and in the community.
As a union with a proudly diverse membership, we are committed to equity and inclusion; and continuing to build a union that is truly representative of the workers we cover. We encourage applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, LGBTIQ people and women.
- Liaison between the United Workers Union and UnionWare, LLC
- Identify, assess, document and confirm business requirements
- Clearly define scope of work to be completed
- Document detailed business requirements for development team
- Collaborate with UnionWare Solutions Architect and development team to create solutions
- Review completed solutions to confirm requirements have been met.
- Present solutions to involved stakeholders
- Work with other Business Analysts to review and improve standards
- Work with Premier Success and Senior Developer to review project timelines, scoping and project statuses
- Work with Solutions Architect to ensure required solutions are delivered on time and accurately
- Work with Trainers to help direct training plans for staff, departments and stakeholders
- Participate in SCRUM meetings, including sprint planning and retrospective meetings.
- Follow all standards that are defined for the role
- Attend one-time two month training session in Winnipeg Canada + two 1-week training sessions annually
- Periodic travel to meet with union members across Australia, North America and the UK
- Other related duties as assigned
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Proficiency in SQL, 18+ months experience is required
- Solid experience as a Business Analyst, at least 3 years
- Completion of post-secondary education in Computer Science, Business Administration or an equivalent of work experience
- Proven experience with high level planning, problem solving and analysis
- Experience with Agile, Scrum, and Kanban
- Willingness to regularly work some unusual hours to liaise with partner in North America
- A passion and drive to improve workers’ lives and achieving the goals of the Union.
To perform this job, you will also be required to have or obtain and maintain:
- Immunisation against COVID-19 or have a medical exemption
- Strong communication skills and the ability to draw out the needs and requirements of clients
- A natural curiosity and desire to understand “why” things are the way they are
- Quick learner that can be put into new situations and quickly become a domain expert
- Analytical skills along with being able to conceptualise, design and document new features and business requirements
- Excellent client service and communication skills
- Must possess sound decision-making and prioritisation skills
- High work standards-work ethic, task completion, consistency, follow up, accuracy/attention to detail, time management
- Personal management skills-accountability, self-management, adaptability, creativity, initiative, implementation skills, and problem solving
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful applicant, which will include:
- Salary commensurate with demonstrated skills and experience;
- 16% superannuation
- 6 weeks annual leave plus 25% leave loading