- Salary Packaging - generous tax concessions
- Modern central Collingwood office / with WFH options
- 24 months contract
About the opportunity
The position is responsible for coordinating, delivering, assessing and developing training materials and resources for AQF level Ill to Diploma Community Services qualifications to aspiring Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Health Workers.
Key responsibilities include:
Delivery of accredited training in counselling, family services, AOD and other community services programs, with tasks such as:
- Delivering training workshops, incorporating simulated learning, on and off- the-job assessments and appropriate on-the-job activities.
- Conducting assessments using a variety of methods including paper based, RPL, and workplace interviews.
- Developing and modifying resources to suit the needs of students and employers ensuring currency and version control of all learning and assessment resources and texts.
- Ensuring compliance with AQTF and funding body requirements.
- Meeting student and general administration requirements associated with the delivery of training programs and assessment finalisation for students
- Posting results and conducting other student administration in line with organisation, funding and registration body requirements.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or equivalent.
- A qualification in community services, behavioural sciences, social work or psychology (minimum of Diploma level) and/or extensive experience and demonstrated ability in a community services role.
- Experience working in Aboriginal Healthcare focusing on case management and community support programs.
- Experience working in a vocational training role delivering accredited qualifications and/or units of competency.
- High level written communication skills including an ability to develop high quality learning resources (paper-based, online)
Get in touch
For more information regarding this role, please contact HR@vaccho.org.au using the subject line: Counselling Services Trainer enquiry via EthicalJobs.
Other employment related information
Employment is subject to satisfactory and ongoing police records check (international where relevant), and Working with Children Check.
We are a centre of expertise, policy advice, training, innovation and leadership in Aboriginal health and wellbeing.
Visit us here for more info: https://www.vaccho.org.au.
About Salary Packaging
As a Public Benevolent Institute (PBI), we are able to offer generous tax concessions to our staff. For further information, please click here.
VACCHO is committed to welcoming and embracing the diversity of cultures, identities, gender, sex, and sexually diverse identities and expressions, experiences, beliefs, and values of all people.
We believe in the right for all people to be treated with the respect and dignity at all times, and that all people who work for, govern or undertake work at or visit us should at all times feel safe and included.