VICSEG New Futures is not-for-profit invested in an inclusive future. Through skill building and social equity - we work with refugees, asylum seekers and migrants to build new pathways in Victoria. We also run textile social enterprise Second Stitch.
A creative role - the Social Media Manager is a key contributor to the Communications department. The role requires balancing multiple responsibilities while working directly with collaborators and content partners. You will be leading the development and implementation of social media strategies organisation-wide (including Second Stitch) including; content calendars and paid social media activity, in line with broader marketing strategies to build brand awareness, produce engaging content stories about our community while maintaining our channels.
- Prepare documents to communicate ideas for content: proposals, presentations and reports
- Prepare monthly content calendars and oversee digital asset management and organisation
- Manage daily posting on social media platforms and own community engagement across channels
- Work with designers to ensure video and all creative assets are optimised for performance
- Research, compile and share community insights
- Manage important relationships and ongoing partnerships between content creators, photographers, videographers
- Act as on-site brand rep for organisation programs as needed
- Develop copy guidelines and manage promotion and messaging for paid social
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube) and tools (Sked, Hootsuite, or similar)
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Experience managing consultants, partners and local community groups
- Familiarity with social engagement strategy, analytics and online community moderation
- Strategic thinker with excellent communication and organisational skills
- Content production experience (photography, video, graphic design)
Benefits and perks
- You will be joining a culturally diverse, community-based organisation with a supportive culture and management team.
- This position offers a great work/life balance with, with family-friendly hours.
- This position is offered initially as a temporary contract, 5 days / week for 6 months, with potential to transition to a full-time role