- Permanent Part Time Opportunity Available
- Kooyong Location
- Full Time Equivalent Base Salary + Superannuation = $110,000 - $115,000 (pro rata) + Salary Packaging
Do you want to make a difference and become a part of a team that supports a future where people who are blind or have low vision can live an independent life they choose?
If so, then this might be the perfect role for you!
Vision Australia is a leading national provider of blindness and low vision services in Australia. We work in partnership with Australians who are blind or who have low vision to achieve the possibilities they choose in life.
About who we support
Vision Australia provides services to more than 25,500 people clients from 35 Vision Australia centres in Victoria, New South Wales, the Australian Capital Territory, Queensland, South Australia and Western Australia; and through outreach programs in the Northern Territory and Tasmania.
About the role
- In conjunction with the CEO, optimise the relationship between the Boards, Committees and management to ensure access to all relevant and material information.
- Working closely with the Chairs of VAL and VAF, Committee Chairs, subsidiary company Chairs and the CEO, ensure the smooth operation of the Boards and Committees through: preparation of Board and Committee calendars setting out both meeting timing, locations and the program for the year; meeting planning, agenda preparation and logistics; orchestration of papers, in particular quality and consistency checking of material presented to Boards and Committees; taking minutes and preparing a register of Matters for Action for each Board and Committee, seeking verification of these minutes, and ensuring Chair signoff of Board minutes.
- The Board Secretary will maintain: a repository of Board and Committee information, including Company Constitutions, Board and Committee Charters, Board Policies, past Board and Committee papers and minutes, contact information for Directors and Committee members, and any other relevant reference documentation; registers of directors' interests and the skills matrices for the VAL and VAF Board; and an information pack suitable for providing information to prospective or recently appointed directors, to include an overview of Vision Australia, constitutions, charters, the strategic plan, values, and other documentation of value.
View the Position Description for this role
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Demonstrable expertise in governance, Board operations, and general management in organisations of comparable scale and complexity to Vision Australia.
- Demonstrates strong leadership, particularly the ability to influence those outside direct management responsibility or sphere of influence.
- Ability to work as a member of a team at all levels within an organisation.
- Able to maintain absolute confidentiality in all matters relating to Vision Australia.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, particularly the preparation of complex reports suitable for Board decision-making.
Benefits of working at Vision Australia
- Generous salary packaging options
- Flexible working arrangements
- Exciting career paths
- Exceptional professional development opportunities
- With the offer of Salary Packaging, you can use some of your salary to pay for everyday expenses before income tax is calculated, meaning you pay less tax and have more money to spend. That’s because your salary packaging money is deducted first and then your tax is calculated on the remaining amount.
Find out more about Salary Packaging
If you have any questions about the role, please contact the below Hiring Manager.
Name: Sally Montalto.
Phone: 03 9864 9596.
Email: Sally.Montalto@visionaustralia.org using the subject line: Board Secretary enquiry via EthicalJobs.
Vision Australia is committed to do all that is reasonable to ensure the safety, welfare and wellbeing of clients (including children); their families; the community; staff and volunteers; and any other person entering Vision Australia’s workplace. Police checks, state working with children checks, NDIS Worker Screening checks and Professional Registrations form part of Vision Australia’s probity screening standards ensuring that quality services are provided in a safe environment.
If this sounds like a great fit for you then please complete our online application process.
Applications should consist of a full resume and a cover letter. Please note pdf documents are not accepted for accessibility reasons.
For more information about working at Vision Australia go to www.visionaustralia.org/careers.
We highly encourage applications from candidates who are blind or have low vision.