- Join a leading not-for-profit supporting Victorian children and families
- Make your mark in this exciting greenfield role
- 0.8 -1.0 EFT flexible
Very Special Kids provides specialist palliative care for children with life-limiting conditions, improving overall quality of life for them and their families. Our focus on an integrated approach to professional, practical and emotional support services help families create positive, lasting memories together.
We are experts in complex care and tailored interventions for children, and supportive services for their families, across the full journey from diagnosis to bereavement.
Our free-of-charge services support more than 850 families across Victoria from trained family experts and volunteers, including counselling, advocacy, sibling support, bereavement support, networking and peer activities.
Reporting to the GM Business & Finance, we currently have a rewarding and dynamic role for a hands on IT Manager who will enjoy responsibility for organisation-wide IT infrastructure management, business systems and IT project management.
In this role, your remit will include:
- IT governance, policies and processes, along with the equipment, data, human resources and external contacts (such as external IT support and suppliers) needed to ensure that our IT operations run smoothly and efficiently
- Analysis of hardware, software, networking components and data storage and consider the option of IT infrastructure deployment within a cloud computing system
- Monitor networks for potential security breaches and work closely with external support to mitigate cyber risk
- Identify how business requirements can be delivered by using IT capabilities and tools to ensure improved user experiences.
- Lead the upgrade of our CMS which will involve a review of various products and vendors.
- Work closely with the Salesforce Systems Administrator to ensure that our CRM has maximised functionality to enhance program outcomes.
- Be involved in our website redevelopment and digitalisation; to name a few.
- You’ll bring degree qualifications in I.T, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in IT operations
- Experienced in leading and managing large IT projects and rolling out IT infrastructures across various technologies
- Excellent working knowledge of computer systems, security, network and systems administration, databases and data storage systems
- Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Strategic thinking with demonstrated ability to develop and execute on strategic and operational plans
- Superior ability to analyse data and compile and present information, reports and correspondence
- Experienced in health services or a not for profit environment will be highly regarded.
- Your style will be authentic, empathetic, values driven and adaptable to be able to engage with stakeholders of all levels, internally and externally.
Very Special Kids offers its employees a supportive and rewarding environment including a highly engaged team, unique beautiful setting conveniently located to shops, parking and transport in Malvern, salary packaging, and flexible working from home arrangements.
At Very Special Kids, our goal is for our workforce to reflect the diverse community we serve. We continually seek to employ people of any gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, with a disability, Aboriginal Australians and varied cultural backgrounds. If this sounds like you, please take a look at the position description on our website.
Very Special Kids is committed to providing a child-safe environment and requires all staff to have Working with Children and Police Record Checks.
A position description is attached.