About the Role
Do you have a passion for bringing different stakeholder groups together, collaborating and building projects that will help your community? Do you want to improve the lives of those who require palliative care by helping to create better access to care? Then we want to hear from you!
The Program Development Officer – Palliative Care will work on projects that aim to enhance collaboration and awareness and develop models of care and referral pathways that improve integration and coordination for palliative care in the Blue Mountains, Hawkesbury, Lithgow and Penrith regions.
Our ideal candidate will have tertiary qualifications or experience in health, local government or the community services sector. You will need significant project management experience and an analytical approach to solving problems. To be successful in this role you will need highly developed interpersonal skills and thrive on your ability to juggle parallel priorities.
This position is full time and is funded until June 2024. Future employment is subject to ongoing funding.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or experience preferably in a health, local government and/or community services environment.
- Significant experience in project management with demonstrated ability and experience with writing high quality documents.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to foster and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills with the capacity to analyse information and plan approaches.
- Demonstrated ability using initiative and to work autonomously but also collaborate and contribute positively to a broader team.
- Demonstrated organisational skills to manage a number of parallel priorities in order to achieve desired outcomes within specific timeframes.
- Knowledge and/or experience in the development of models of care and referral pathways in a health context.
Why you should come work with us
Wentworth Healthcare offers additional benefits to our employees, these include:
- Work from home opportunities.
- Not for profit Salary Sacrifice taxation benefits including up to $15,900 for living expenses and $2,650 for meal and entertainment (subject to government criteria).
- 3 Days Christmas Shutdown Leave (in addition to 20 days Annual leave).
- Up to 3 days Family and Community Leave (in addition to 10 days Sick/Personal Leave).
- Generous support toward professional development.
- Free onsite parking.
About Wentworth Healthcare
Wentworth Healthcare, provider of the Nepean Blue Mountains Primary Health Network (NBMPHN), is a not for profit organisation whose main goal is the improved health and wellbeing of the people in our community.
Wentworth Healthcare is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic, disability or age.
How to Apply
Click Apply Now to apply.
If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources on 02 4708 8100.
What we need from you:
- A cover letter.
- Your CV.
- Your answers to the selection requirements (specified above).
- Applicants who do not apply via the above specified method will not be considered.
- Applications will only be considered if they address the selection criteria.
- You must have the right to live and work in Australia (VEVO checks will be conducted to confirm your eligibility to work in Australia).
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- No recruitment agencies please.
- A selection panel will assess your application against the criteria stated above.
- Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted by phone.
- Following the interviews, reference checks and Criminal Record Checks will also be undertaken.