About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity for a mental health clinician with drive, energy and a commitment to the local community, to provide their expertise and leadership to emerging and expanding mental health services in the Nepean Blue Mountains region.
This newly created role is responsible for coordinating the provision of a responsive telephone triage and assessment services for people presenting with a range of primary health needs, including mental health and substance use disorders and their families.
This role will provide leadership and operational clinical supervision to our Initial Assessment and Referral (IAR) Intake Clinicians; and will be responsible for managing the service establishment of the Head to Health IAR Intake Service, Psychological Therapy Services (PTS) and other mental Health services as required.
Set to commence early September, this position offers the flexibility to be based at our Werrington Park Corporate Centre office, with the opportunity to work from home available.
This position is being offered in either a full time or part time capacity (min. 4 days per week) and is funded until June 2023. Future employment is subject to ongoing funding.
- The successful applicant will be provided with online training in use of the IAR tool, orientation to the organisation at the commencement of the role and ongoing training as required.
- This position may be required to work from the Head to Health Hub, from home or a combination of both. Options will be discussed with shortlisted applicants. A reliable internet connection, mobile phone, and confidential workspace will be required to carry out any work from home requirements of this position.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Psychology, Social Work, Occupational Therapy or Mental Health Nursing, including full registration with AHPRA or equivalent professional body.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in clinical services or a related function.
- Demonstrated and extensive brief assessment and triage skills in mental health and ability to co-ordinate care for people.
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of clinical supervision.
- Proven ability to utilise information technology tools and products to an intermediate level, including learning and adopting a suite of digital platforms for data collection, reporting and evaluation purposes.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication and engagement skills with the ability to liaise with a range of people from diverse organisational and professional levels within established parameters.
- Demonstrated skills in decision making, problem solving, negotiation and crisis management.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and sensitivity to the mental health needs of people and their supports.
Why you should come work with us
Wentworth Healthcare offers additional benefits to our employees, these include:
- Work from home opportunities
- Not for profit Salary Sacrifice taxation benefits including up to $15,900 for living expenses and $2,650 for meal and entertainment (subject to government criteria)
- 3 Days Christmas Shutdown Leave (in addition to 20 days Annual leave)
- Up to 3 days Family and Community Leave (in addition to 10 days Sick/Personal Leave)
- Generous support toward professional development
- Free onsite parking
About Wentworth Healthcare Ltd
Wentworth Healthcare Ltd, provider of the Nepean Blue Mountains Primary Health Network (NBMPHN), is a not for profit organisation whose main goal is the improved health and wellbeing of the people in our community.
Wentworth Healthcare Ltd is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic, disability or age.
How to Apply
Click APPLY NOW to apply.
What we need from you:
- A cover letter
- Your CV
- Your answers to the selection requirements (specified above)
- Applicants who do not apply via the above specified method will not be considered.
- Applications will only be considered if they address the selection criteria.
- You must have the right to live and work in Australia (VEVO checks will be conducted to confirm your eligibility to work in Australia).
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- No recruitment agencies please.
- A selection panel will assess your application against the criteria stated above.
- Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted by phone.
- Following the interviews, reference checks and Criminal Record Checks will also be undertaken.
If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources on 02 4708 8100.
Applications close: due to the urgent nature of this recruitment, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis as they come in. Applications will remain open until the position is filled.