Located within the Top End of the Northern Territory, the West Daly Regional Council (Council) covers 14,000 square kilometres and has a population of more than 3700 residents throughout the communities of Wadeye, Nganmarriyanga and Peppimenarti as well as the surrounding 33 homelands, 14 of which are serviced by Council. Wadeye is the largest remote community and the fifth largest town in the Northern Territory.
A young and vibrant Regional Council, our vision is to deliver quality services and support development opportunities, including local jobs for local people, along with implementing a range of strategies that will help shape a prosperous and sustainable future for the region.
Based in Darwin, NT we are seeking an experience Human Resources Advisor to provide quality generalist advice and support to managers and employees on the full range of human resource management matters.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
- Provision of sound human resources advice and support to Council management personnel.
- Ensure administration of all employment related practices are documented and well-maintained.
- Preparation of contracts of employment and employment related correspondence ensuring adherence to Enterprise Agreement, legal and records management requirements.
- Maintenance of Council’s Human Resources Policy Framework and ensure appropriate and rigorous compliance processes are in place for matters that relate to employment.
- Ensure contemporary records management of employee personnel files are in place that comply with the Privacy Act and other employment related legislation and regulations.
- Collaboration with the Financial Services Division to ensure:
- Payroll and related issues are managed in a timely, accurate and confidential manner.
- The financial components of the Enterprise Agreement are appropriately implemented.
- Ensure the organisation’s People & Capability initiatives are engaging, collaborative in design and of a high standard to attract, retain and build the capacity of Council.
- Contribution to building partnerships with managers and supervisors (at all levels) to provide advice and support a positive influence to employee relations and Council outcomes.
- Coach and mentor managers in staff performance appraisals to enable individual and team professional growth and development.
- Provision of support, advice and coaching to management and staff regarding performance management, conflict and dispute resolution.
The successful candidate will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Human Resources and/or relevant work-related experience.
- Previous experience in a Human Resources generalist role.
- Experience in providing advice and support with Award/Enterprise Agreement interpretation.
If you believe you meet the above requirements and want to work as part of a supportive and fast-paced team, then we would love to hear from you! This is an exciting opportunity to grow and develop within a supportive environment.
Interested to know more or would like to access the Position Description? Please reach out to Belinda Beltz, People & Culture Specialist on 0409 002 654 or email email@example.com, using the subject line: Human Resources Advisor enquiry via EthicalJobs.