An outstanding opportunity exists to lead and grow this vibrant community organisation.
West Winds Community Centre is a Neighbourhood House in the south Channel region of Tasmania.
We are looking for a Director who can ensure our partnerships and programs meet the changing needs of the local community and has the ability to maintain a positive social atmosphere in the House.
- The Director is responsible to the Management Committee for the operation, management and development of West Winds Community Centre.
- The Director is responsible for ensuring it is operating in accordance with the Management Committee’s policy decisions and service agreements with funding bodies.
- This role requires a fundamental understanding of the role of a community organisation, a command of community development principles and skills and to advocate for the local community.
- The Director is accountable for providing innovative high quality, human-centred services, which are financially sustainable and compliant with legislation and funding requirements.
- Relevant qualifications in the social sciences/humanities/management or equivalent experience.
- Proven record in community development and capacity building.
- Demonstrated experience and skills in working collaboratively with community groups and organisations.
- Solid understanding of organisational financial management, contract management, strategic planning and policy development.
- Well-developed conceptual and analytical skills to support innovation and problem solving.
- The ability to work and create a culture in alignment with West Winds’ core values and purpose.
- Skills and experience managing diverse people and projects.
- Up-to-date knowledge and experience with IT and communication technologies.
- Driver’s licence.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
The position is paid at Level 7 under the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry (SCHCADS) Award 2010.
Subject to a 3-month probation period (with an option to extend and annual performance reviews)
Salary point to be determined according to qualifications and experience
Superannuation will be paid according to the Agreement.
Contracted 36 hours per fortnight (part time) to be worked flexibly according to commitments and negotiated with the Management Committee. The Manager’s role and responsibilities requires reasonable overtime, which includes (but is not limited to) occasional weekend and evening work, for House events.
Please contact Michael Yates, President for a job package at email@example.com using the subject line: Director, West Winds Community Centre enquiry via EthicalJobs or call 0400 158 666 for more information.