WIRES have been rescuing and caring for sick, injured and orphaned wildlife for over 35 years.
WIRES Rescue Office operates 24/7, 365 days a week and WIRES 1300 line receives over 180,000 calls annually.
The Rescue Office is the first point of contact with the public and assists in facilitating emergency rescue calls in collaboration with WIRES volunteers, vets, emergency response team and other organisations.
This role will involve some weekend work. The exact roster will be decided with the successful applicant.
Key responsibilities and duties include
- Co-managing the team and supporting the WRO Manager to ensure interactions between staff and the public are fast, accurate and positive.
- Assist in managing the recruitment, training and ongoing supervision and performance of staff by managing KPI’s that facilitate the prompt resolution of all rescues and accurate handling of all incoming calls and emails.
- Assist in overseeing animal welfare to ensure the fastest possible rescues for all rescue calls.
- Assist in ensuring adequate daily staff levels in the WRO whilst minimising costs.
- Monitor all outstanding rescues to ensure timely follow up and resolution including regular daily checks of all systems.
- Work with WIRES Emergency Response Coordinator and team to ensure they are consistently and quickly deployed to the most urgent rescues.
- Assist in quickly managing any service queries/complaints.
- Actively assist with the resolution of difficult rescues.
- Support team in the uptake of new systems and processes as improvements are made to implement efficiencies.
- Assist in preparing reports including regular reviews of calls, rescue and care statistics and trends.
- Ensure WHS requirements of staff are observed and adhered too.
Key Competencies and Skills
- Extensive experience managing large teams in fast-paced dynamic environments.
- Minimum 2 years call centre management experience.
- A background in wildlife conservation or animal welfare (desirable).
- Ability to identify, manage and escalate priority issues.
- Ability to lead the team in the proactive & prompt resolution of rescues.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent record keeping skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to work well within a team environment as well as independently.
- Ability to show initiative and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Willing to manage all information and issues confidentially.
- Efficient/Competent using multiple software platforms, ensuring data accuracy.
- Strong customer service skills with an ability to adapt to different personality types.
how to apply
To submit your application click Apply Now.
Applicants will be reviewing on an ongoing basis as we are keen to recruit the right candidate as quickly as possible.