WIRES is Australia’s largest wildlife rescue organisation and has been rescuing and caring for sick, injured and orphaned native animals for over 35 years. WIRES' mission is to actively rehabilitate and preserve Australian wildlife and inspire others to do the same.
WIRES operate a dedicated Wildlife Rescue Office assisting wildlife and the community 24-hours a day, 365 days a year, providing rescue advice and assistance for over 130,000 animals annually. WIRES also provides significant national support for wildlife rescue and rehabilitation across Australia, and is proactively collaborating with major partners to support the recovery of wildlife habitat and the long-term preservation of native species in the wild.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Community Fundraising and Events Coordinator's role, reporting to WIRES Individual Giving Manager, will proactively implement and grow WIRES community fundraising programs, maximising engagement with supporters and working to increase the organisation's long-term capacity to rescue, rehabilitate and preserve more wildlife.
You will need to be proactive, positive, flexible, hands on and able to work collaboratively.
This is a 12-month full-time contract with possible extension for the right candidate.
- Oversee all community fundraising activities including; community fundraisers, gift certificate programs, community events, challenge events, merchandise sales, third party and peer-to-peer programs
- Manage WIRES engagement with third party platforms, fundraisers and crowdfunding platforms to oversee campaigns, build relationships and maximise results
- Organise certificates of appreciation and special thank you letters for individual donors, schools, small businesses and partner organisations
- Oversee the approval and follow up of approved community fundraising initiatives
- Organise WIRES involvement in community events, ensuring all promotional items needed are provided as part of the preparation and working closely with the team to coordinate donor events
- Working closely with the team to plan and implement the online media and communications strategy to promote programs and events
- Manage events logistics including: recruiting volunteers, developing advertising and marketing collateral, securing and coordinating prizes and sponsors, confirming appropriate ambassadors and/or speakers and providing onsite support.
- Research and implement plans to implement new programs and increase engagement and retention with supporters
- Oversee WIRES donation gift certificate program, giving in lieu of gifts, including the giving in honour of others for celebrations or giving in memory
- Follow up branch/volunteer fundraising queries
- Coordinate WIRES merchandise sales including ordering stock and fulfilling orders
- Prepare presentations and proposals and reports on program performance
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience
- Demonstrated passion for fundraising and a commitment to increase fundraising revenue
- Experience building rapport and strong relationships with members of the community
- Highly organised, reliable, efficient & detail-orientated
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills and demonstrated ability to improve results or outcomes in previous roles
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to multi-task
- Experience working with relational CRM’s and an understanding of the importance of data integrity and accuracy
- Sound customer service skills and demonstrated understanding of best practice customer service principles
- The ability to attend occasional events throughout the year when needed, potentially on weekends
- Strong networking skills
- Basic knowledge of PR Practices - experience with press releases, marketing collateral & branding
- Previous employment in not-for-profit sector highly regarded
- Tertiary qualification in marketing or events highly regarded