- Wesley Community Housing
- Full-time position
- Based in Ashfield (possible move to South West Sydney). Other Wesley Mission sites may be considered with the successful candidate
- Great learning and development opportunities in a fast-paced team
- Generous salary packaging benefits
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from accommodation services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, aged care and health services.
Our Vision is "Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can."
Wesley Community Housing
Our passionate and friendly community housing team provide homes for people and families on low to moderate incomes across NSW. We partner with organisations and tenants to:
- support successful tenancies
- contribute to more connected and strengthened communities
- increase opportunities for tenants.
More information on our community housing activities can be found here.
About the role
We are looking to employ a Finance Officer with an empathetic, solution-focused and positive approach to manage our finances to support our continued growth. Key responsibilities include:
- management of accounts receivable including payment agreements and payment plans
- management of accounts payable
- invoicing and expense tracking
- back-office finance processing including credit card reconciliations
- bond tracking and management
- rent related communication
- finance related reporting – internal and external.
- at least 3 years’ experience working in a community organisation or property management organisation with experience in a similar finance-focused role
- demonstrated experience managing a wide variety of financial tasks, including accounts payable and receivable, management of budgets and invoice processing and filing
- experience in preparing reports preferably for senior managers and government departments
- very strong interpersonal skills, particularly assertiveness, diplomacy, mediation, negotiation
- exceptional organisational skills, attention to detail and follow through
- well-developed oral and written communication skills
- ability to communicate across a variety of mediums to people of all levels, including management, staff, tenants and other stakeholders
- ability to work unsupervised as well as an effective team player with a positive can-do attitude
- strong knowledge and application of the Microsoft Office environment including intermediate Microsoft Excel knowledge and skills
- strong knowledge and application of financial systems preferably MYOB or PeopleSoft
- commitment to continuous improvement principles within a service delivery framework
- satisfactory National Criminal History Check clearance.
- not-for-profit or cause-related experience
- tertiary qualifications in a related discipline
- experience in following up and negotiating payment arrangements over the phone
- demonstrated knowledge of the Residential Tenancies Act 2010 and demonstrated knowledge of best practice and quality standards within the housing sector
- experience with databases, CRM and housing systems
- Centrepay or Centrelink knowledge
- experience in NDIS claims.
Wesley Mission provides regular supervision and support for all staff and opportunities for professional development. Salary and conditions of employment are based on the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Award 2010, Level 3 or 4 (depending on qualifications and experience) with generous salary packaging opportunities.
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values and Worker Code of Conduct. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
For further information please contact Lisa Ellis at firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Finance Officer - Community Housing enquiry via EthicalJobs.
A position description is attached.