- Be part of a large for purpose organisation
- An exciting opportunity for an experienced manager to oversee a Home Care Service Team in NSW
- Strategic leadership role with a supportive team environment
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the role
We are looking for an experienced and forward-thinking leader to oversee our Home Care Services in NSW.
This is a great opportunity for someone with strong business acumen and is passionate and committed to providing person centred, quality care. This position will also provide the opportunity to be innovative in rethinking care and to develop best practice.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- leading, developing and empowering the residential aged care team to deliver the highest quality of care to our residents and maintain strong partnerships with their families and representatives
- building and retaining a team of flexible, skilled and committed staff and promoting participative management systems consistent with Wesley Mission’s Vision and Values
- planning and implementing strategic initiatives to enhance client outcomes and satisfaction
- ensuring the responsible use and allocation of resources across all facilities.
You are someone who has:
- tertiary qualification in aged care, health or social science disciplines or management
- experience in a senior management role within either the disability, community or aged care sectors
- extensive knowledge of and experience with home and community care services & accreditation processes
- sound understanding of legislative and regulatory requirements, as well as current issues impacting on the aged care sector
- demonstrated capability in change management and an ability to foster a positive workforce culture
- strong business acumen
- current driver’s licence.
You will have the opportunity to access a range of benefits including:
- salary packaging (reduce the tax you pay and increase your take home pay)
- fully maintained vehicle (including for private use)
- professional development opportunities
- discounted private health insurance
- discounted home loan offers
- employee referral scheme (be gifted when you refer someone you know to work at Wesley Mission).
- study assistance program (including reimbursement of tuition fees and access to study leave)
- Employee Assistance Program (access to independent counselling and support services).
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values and Code of Conduct.
We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued. The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.