Wesley Community Housing
- Full time position
- Based in Ashfield (possible move to South West Sydney), with some travel to other Wesley Mission sites (other Wesley Mission sites may be considered with the successful candidate)
- Great learning and development opportunities in a fast-paced team
- Fully maintained vehicle and salary packaging benefits
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from accommodation services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, aged care and health services.
Our Vision is "Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can."
Wesley Community Housing
Our passionate and friendly community housing team provide homes for people and families on low to moderate incomes across NSW. We partner with organisations and tenants to:
- Support successful tenancies
- Contribute to more connected and strengthened communities
- Increase opportunities for tenants.
More information on our community housing activities can be found at: www.wesleymission.org.au/find-a-service/housing-and-accommodation/community-housing.
About the role
We are looking to employ an Operations Support Manager with an empathetic, solution focused and positive approach to manage our operations and support our continued growth. Key responsibilities include:
- Act as the 2IC for the Operations Manager, Wesley Community Housing when needed
- Managing the Housing Services Team and support functions including finances for Wesley Community Housing
- Overseeing the preparation of internal and external reports
- Managing a range of contractors, volunteers, students and casual staff
- Planning and managing programs and special projects including system and process development, improvement and review; setup of new housing locations and tenders for additional services/properties
- Supporting the Operations Manager with the management of Wesley Community Housing including HR activities and managing IT for the team.
- Tertiary qualifications in a related discipline
- At least 5 years’ experience working in a community organisation
- At least 2 years’ program or project management experience
- Demonstrated experience in leadership and leading a team
- Experience in developing and nurturing stakeholder relationships and networks to enhance service delivery and contribute to growth opportunities
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and budget
- Strong experience in managing and delivering on organisational processes and procedures
- Demonstrated high level communication (written and oral), negotiation and advocacy skills
- Sound record keeping, data collection and management, statistical analysis, report writing and computer skills including an ability to concisely and accurately record key interactions
- Experience in government relations, sector and community consultation, networking or relationship buildingExperience in working within a quality customer service and continuous improvement framework
- Exceptional organisational skills, attention to detail and follow through
- High level of computer literacy and Microsoft Office competency
- Demonstrated experience in working with various IT systems
- Current NSW driver’s licence and a willingness to travel as required
- Satisfactory National Criminal History Check clearance.
- Not for profit or cause related experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practice and quality standards within the housing sector
- Experience with databases, CRM and housing systems.
Wesley Mission provides regular supervision and support for all staff and opportunities for professional development. Salary and conditions of employment are based on the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Award 2010, Level 6, with generous salary packaging opportunities and a fully maintained vehicle or car allowance.
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values and Worker Code of Conduct. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
For further information please contact Lisa Ellis at firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Operations Support Manager enquiry via EthicalJobs.