Wesley Mission Employment Pathways
NSW Mid North Coast region
- Full-time position
- Based in Taree, Port Macquarie or Coffs Harbour
- Competitive salary package including company vehicle
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, health, employment, training and education services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
Our Wesley Mission Employment Pathways includes the Opportunity Pathways program and Disability Employment Services.
Our Wesley Opportunity Pathways program aims to improve the employment outcomes of Social Housing Clients. The objectives of Opportunity Pathways are to:
- Assist participants to gain, retain or increase employment, by accessing supports and practical assistance, and by participating in activities, training and work opportunities; and
- Encourage and support participants to positively exit social housing or Rent Choice subsidies and move to full housing independence, to reduce their reliance on government assistance, where appropriate.
The key intended outcomes are as follows:
- Economic: participants achieve and are engaged in employment in a field or industry identified in an agreed plan;
- Education and Skills: participants have improved skills through training or education and improved work readiness;
- Empowerment: participants increase their confidence, self-esteem and hope for the future;
- Social and Community: participants are role models for a working lifestyle to family and peers;
- Health: participants have improved physical and mental health, and sense of wellbeing; and
- Home: participants achieve housing independence, where appropriate.
Disability Employment Services (DES)
Our Wesley Disability Employment Services provides a disability management service that supports people with a disability, injury or health condition who require short term assistance to enter or return to the workplace.
The objective of Disability Employment Services is to:
- Work with participants to develop an individually tailored Job plan, set achievable goals and undertake realistic and genuine job search to gain employment.
- Once employed, we provide post placement support and assistance for up to 52 weeks to help with any challenges along the way.
About the role
To succeed in this role, you must have program management experience preferably in the employment and education sector, excellent communication skills, demonstrated business development skills and the ability to inspire and motivate your team to meet significant organisational and financial targets.
You will have a reputation for empowering your team, delivering quality outcomes and managing complex situations effectively.
The successful applicants will be rewarded with a competitive package including company vehicle, salary packaging and professional development & career opportunities.
- Demonstrated coordination and program management experience within an employment and/or education environment
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership which empowers your team to succeed
- Experience in delivering a Disability Employment Services program
- Demonstrated knowledge of disability service standards
- Demonstrated business development skills
- Demonstrated understanding of challenges faced to support vulnerable people into employment and education
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Demonstrated experience in working within a compliance framework
- Current driver’s licence and the ability to travel throughout the Mid North Coast and other areas as required.
- Previous experience in a similar management role
- Experience in using Employment Service System (ESS).
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.