- Immediate start in reputable and dedicated Disability Service
- Permanent part time - 55 hours per fortnight
- Empower clients within a supportive and dynamic team
Permanent Part Time – 55 hrs per fortnight. 2 vacancies available!
WA delivers a range of integrated programs and services for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Shifts will include: postings at day program, group homes and client homes. We support clients with complex needs and challenging behaviours, duties will include providing personal care.
- Work with clients, especially those with challenging behaviours on a day to day basis to encourage, motivate them to meet their goals, recording their progress and evaluating and identifying ongoing steps to achieve their goals.
- Compulsory duties include transporting clients to and from home/programmed activities and participating in hydrotherapy with clients.
- Work to continuously encourage, motivate, acknowledge and validate all Disability team members in order to have beneficial and positive client-centric practice in every aspect of engagement.
- Maintain positive working relationships with families, colleagues and stakeholders.
- Ensure strict adherence to the roster and commitment to your Duty of Care/WHS requirements
- Portray values and attitudes in line with those of Respect, Equality, Dignity and Understanding.
- Minimum Certificate III in Disability or equivalent. Candidates with no qualifications must be currently studying or willing to undertake study to be considered.
- Experience in a care capacity of people with an intellectual and developmental disability.
- Experience and passion for working with clients with challenging behaviours
- Ability to engage and recognise issues related to servicing Culturally and Linguistically diverse clients.
- Knowledge of NDIS, NDIS Quality and Safeguards and the Disability Services Act.
- A cleared NDIS Worker Check
- Valid Drivers License, own vehicle and comprehensive insurance (if transporting clients in own car)
How to Apply
Please click the 'Apply Now' button to forward your CV andl etter of application addressing the essential criteria 1 to 4 listed above. Candidates will be processed in order of application. Please note unsuccessful candidates will not be contacted. Please visit www.woodville.org.au/careers-jobs for more information.