Main Purpose of the role
This position is directly responsible for creation, process and management of emails and creative digital, social and print assets for Australia and New Zealand, working within the global digital frameworks to strengthen and build World Animal Protection’s digital presence and brand. The role requires a thought leadership approach, bringing fresh ideas, new technologies and industry best practices.
- 60% of the role is creating email for various campaigns and appeals using templates or assembling new ones using our no code platform.
- 30% of the role entails design, development & execution of creative elements across all our platforms (social, web, ecommerce, emails, print ads..).
- 10% of the role is reporting back on various asset performance and ensuring tracking and testing is properly set up.
The role holder will comply with the organisation’s policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Craft email journey templates and visuals to drive and nurture marketing campaigns.
- Create email assets, including sourcing strong supporting visual elements to convey message to drive conversion and report on success.
- Performing day-to-day email marketing activities including, but not limited to: email campaign set-up, scheduling, multivariate testing, URL tagging and deployment of one-time, recurring, automated and dynamic content-driven campaigns.
- Evaluate and monitor email and digital campaigns, including any testing, and report back to stakeholders on results.
- Troubleshoot technical issues related to HTML templates, mobile-responsive design and other aspects of email execution, when required.
- Liaising with internal stakeholders to deliver timely communications to World Animal Protection supporters.
- Interpret and translate email briefs, feedback and create and schedule email in a timely manner.
Social Media Campaigns:
- Create impactful social graphics to increase following organically and appeal to targeted audiences. Explore use of new elements to evolve designs and design patterns across digital.
- Set up and schedule social posts for Facebook and Instagram in collaboration with the digital marketing producer
- Element of the role includes designing collateral, infographics, reports and banners. Work with the marketing manager to ensure each project, in accordance with briefing, are clearly outlined and estimated; evaluate project requests and campaign strategies to understand scope of request.
- Work with the digital team and external partners to understand content optimisation performance metrics through A/B testing, heat maps and user behaviours to optimise design for impactful user experiences.
- Work with the wider digital team to manage quarterly KPI reporting for email, and digital channels as per international KPIs.
- Ensuring all digital assets and channels align with the brand guidelines.
- Shared management, creation and amendments of assets for campaigns in the CMS including webpages and forms, ecommerce store and online donation forms.
- Setup required tracking, goals and event/UTM tracking within Google Analytics for marketing campaigns and add tags in Google tag manager as required in collaboration with the digital marketing producer
- Delivery of World Animal Protection’s Global Strategy across the core themes of Mission, Movement & Transformation in a global, matrix environment
- Work cooperatively with external organisations, teams within World Animal Protection and in the wider animal welfare movement to pursue programme objectives and wider organisational goals, including those relating to brand, communications, fundraising and resource management.
- Actively participate in building our brand and maintain the integrity of our brand to support our profile, lead generation, income and engagement.
- Help secure resources (income) and reach (people and partnerships) by actively contributing to our supporter relationships, fundraising, communications, and donor reporting.
- Actively participate and support the organisation to ensure that we manage our resources (financial, staff and IT) efficiently and effectively by improvement of systems, reporting and compliance.
- Contribute to a learning culture and create a positive working environment for staff.
- The role holder will from time to time be required to undertake any other duties that are within the scope of this role.
- Take responsibility for their own health, safety and welfare, comply with H&S policy and procedures, and not act in any way that compromises the safety of themselves, colleagues or the public.
- The post holder may be required to travel internationally to provide support or participate in World Animal Protection’s activities as and when required.
Skills and Experience
- Experience in using Email platforms (creating, sending and scheduling emails)
- High attention to detail and good time management skills
- Bachelor's degree in digital design, visual communications, graphic design or related field preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years industry/professional design experience in digital and/or print marketing
- A portfolio demonstrating ability to create brand assets across multiple channels for different audiences and user experience (UX)
- Ability to manage multiple projects based on demands and meet deadlines
- Ability to interpret and translate creative briefs, feedback and put into action
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Relevant cross-functional experience (email, web, social media, eCommerce)
- Knowledge of basic video production/editing ie. Adobe Rush, Premiere, After Effects
- Experience using content management systems (esp. Drupal)
- Experience in using Marketing automation platforms would be highly regarded (esp. Marketo)
WHO WE ARE:
World Animal Protection is a truly global organisation, working in over 50 countries across the world, with offices in every continent. Our close-knit Sydney team, located in St Leonards, is full of a diverse range of people who all share a passion for creating a world where animals live free from suffering.
Our vision is a world where animal welfare matters and animal cruelty has ended. We protect animals because we believe a sustainable future for the planet can only be achieved if both animals and people are part of the solution.
Join us and together we can move the world for animals.
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH US:
- A 35 hour working week
- 17.5% annual leave loading
- Extra paid leave days at Christmas time
- Paid study leave and study fee assistance where eligible
- Relaxed and friendly atmosphere
- Flexible working options and a time off in lieu program
- Flexible working arrangements with two days working from home
- The opportunity to voluntarily get involved in our campaigns and actions to help move the world to protect animals
A position description is attached.