- Positions are available across the North and South Brisbane suburbs including Mt Gravatt, Tingalpa, Logan area, Greenbank, Taigum, Bald Hills, Kedron, Rothwell, Northlakes, Yeerongpilly, Springfield and Ipswich
- Excellent support and training provided.
- Casual role with potential to transition to permanent part time.
The role will require:
- Initiative, enthusiasm and the willingness to provide excellent customer service
- Initial and on-going training to attain and maintain the necessary skills to provide complex support
- Working with children and young people and their families to provide home and community based support
- Support shifts in childcare centres available as we grow this area of service
- Being flexible in the work performed including the possibility of providing domestic assistance should the need arise
The person will:
- Have a genuine interest in working with children and young people with high/complex support needs.
- Be available to work a range of shifts which include 2 hr shifts as well as longer shifts
- Be prepared to provide the energy and enthusiasm required to ensure that each shift with the child/young person is of the highest quality.
- Work collaboratively with the Xavier Co-ordinator as well as the family in supporting the child/young person to work towards achieving their individual goals.
- Be reliable and punctual when working with busy families
- Have basic computer skills and a smartphone with internet access
- Have a willingness to continuously learn and maintain professional skills and knowledge
- Have consistent availability across a fortnightly roster – we have morning, afternoon, overnight and weekend shifts available
- Have alignment with the attributes we value at Xavier including - honesty, integrity, treating others with dignity and respect
- Possess the physical ability to carry out all tasks required of the position
We also require:
- A current driver's licence
- NDIS Worker Screening (paid worker) or Yellow Card Exemption and Blue Card -WWCC (paid worker)
- Completion of NDIS Code of Conduct modules
- National Police Check/Certificate or willingness to obtain same
- Appropriate work rights for Australia
- Current First Aid and CPR certificate is preferred but not essential.
A Certificate lll in Disability/Individual Support or similar would be highly regarded but not essential.
Please apply now with a brief cover letter outlining the reason you are interested in this Support Worker position, resume, your availability, and your preferred areas to work.
Xavier Children's Support Network is part of the Catholic Archdiocese of Brisbane and has been operating for over 60 years. We provide services within the Brisbane region and have a proud history of providing a range of high quality services for children and young people with complex health and disability needs. The Archdiocese of Brisbane has standards of conduct for employees and volunteers to maintain a safe and healthy environment. Our commitment to these standards requires that we conduct background referencing for all persons who will engage in direct and regular involvement with children, young people and/or vulnerable adults.
Please visit our website at xavier.org.au.