about the role
This is a part-time, permanent position, working 20 hours per week.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Educator with admin experience for our service located in Chatswood Hills to assist in the day to day operations of the service. You will be supported by a service management team of 3, including a Coordinator and two Assistant Coordinators.
As a YMCA OSHC Educator you will:
- Hold a rewarding, challenging and interesting position;
- Be able to allocate your availability to suit study or family needs;
- Have the opportunity for career advancement;
- Join a team of dedicated staff and fantastic children and families;
- Be eligible for staff incentives and discounts; and
- Be provided with regular professional development and training.
- The admin aspect of this role will include: All QK accounts, filing, emails, phone calls, and general admin as required., With the possibility of back up in ratio.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
To be successful in this exciting opportunity you will need to have:
- Minimum certificate 3 qualification in Childcare, Teaching or other relevant area;
- Experience as an OSHC Coordinator or in a similar position;
- Knowledge and understanding of all relevant and current legislation regarding the provision of school age care;
- Knowledge of how to effectively and efficiently run a service on a day-to-day basis;
- An ability to prioritise, organise and manage your own workload and that of others;
- Excellent customer service, communication and liaison skills and an ability to build long-lasting relationships with stakeholders;
- Demonstrated sound computing skills including Qikkids and the Microsoft Office Suite;
- Current Blue Card, First Aid and CPR certification (or willingness to obtain).
REWARDS AND BENEFITS
The successful applicant will be rewarded with a wide range of benefits and rewards including:
- Above award remuneration pay rate for the right applicant;
- Split shift allowance payments and paid team meetings;
- Some straight day shifts available;
- Support from a management team with experience in the field;
- Professional development opportunities;
- Free YMCA gym membership;
- Discounted accommodation rates at the George Williams Hotel;
- Discounted rates at our childcare facilities;
- Discounted rate on health care through Medibank Private;
- A range of online benefits through our online employee discounts and benefits program.
To apply and to view the full position description click the 'Apply Now' button and submit a cover letter detailing your experience against the selection criteria as stated above and your resume.