- $75,000.00 to $75,000.00 per annum + super
ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY
This is an exciting new opportunity for an experienced and qualified Family Day Care Manager to lead our family day care services and make this role their own. In this position you will be responsible for managing the delivery of high quality child care provided by educators in their own home within the Brisbane area, the Gold Coast, through to the southern end at the NSW boarder.
The role of the Family Day Care Manager is to:
- Manage and lead the Family Day Care (FDC) team of Coordinators and Administration staff across two sites;
- Recruit and assess quality FDC Educators to provide child care in their home;
- Provide FDC Coordinators and Educators with ongoing training and development;
- Monitor quality and ensure strict compliance in accordance with the National Quality Standards;
- Monitor and ensure strict compliance in accordance with the Family Assistance Law;
- Support the attraction and retention of families needing childcare to the service and provide quality placement of children into care with the educators.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO SUCCEED
To be successful in this role, you will be required to meet the following Selection Criteria:
- Minimum of 5 years' business operations experience in Family Day Care or a related field;
- Hold an approved diploma level education and care qualification prescribed by the Education and Care Services National Regulations;
- Comprehensive working knowledge of the National Quality Framework, Early Years Learning Framework and My Time Our Place, compliance and assessment processes;
- A high level of computer literacy;
- Highly effective verbal and written communication, negotiation and influencing skills;
- Well demonstrated leadership and staff management, training and development skills;
- Proven ability to develop and manage positive relationships with multiple stakeholders;
- Demonstrated results orientation, sound judgement and problem solving ability;
- Strong organisational and time management skills;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage conflict, complaints and any difficult situations which may arise;
- Demonstrated ability to manage financial processes and budgets;
- Current First Aid, CPR, Anaphylaxis and Asthma Management Certificates;
- Current Open Queensland Drivers Licence;
- Willingness and availability to work flexible hours as determined by business requirements;
- Currently possess, or be willing to obtain, a National Police Check Certificate and positive notice Blue Card.
REMUNERATION & BENEFITS
A competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications will be offered to the successful candidate including the provision of a company vehicle.
Interested? Apply Now!
To find out more about YMCA Family Day Care Service please visit our website: https://www.ymcachildcare.com.au/family-day-care/
Apply today by submitting a copy of your resume and cover letter detailing your experience against the above selection criteria by using the 'Apply Now' button.
Work at the Y
Candidates must have the right to work in Australia.
YMCA, including Boards of Directors, is committed to the safety and wellbeing of children and young people in accordance with our Safeguarding Children and Young People framework. YMCA requires that all applicants undergo satisfactory screening prior to commencement, including but not limited to:
- a national criminal history check;
- an international criminal history check where applicants have worked overseas;
- holding or obtaining a Working with Children Clearance/ equivalent in accordance with state/ territory laws.
Any successfully appointed applicant will be required to adhere to the Safeguarding Children and Young People framework, which includes a thorough safeguarding children and young people induction and committing to upholding the safety and wellbeing of children and young people throughout their engagement with YMCA.
The YMCA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to safeguarding children and young people.