At the Y, we believe in the power of inspired young people. A community not-for-profit organisation with 17 million participations annually across Australia. 8,000 staff and volunteers serve at more than 150 locations every day. We partner with government and private capital to deliver programs and services that include community recreation, adventure and stadium sports, camping, learn to swim, children's programs, early learning, youth services, retirement living, disability services and social enterprises.
About the Centre
You'll be part of a diverse team of shared services specialists who support all sectors across YMCA Victoria's operations. Our shared services teams include corporate services, risk, safety and quality, finance, business systems, people and culture, marketing, communications, sales and more.
Key Elements of the Role
Working in the PSI Program, your initial priority will be to collaborate with industrial relations and payroll specialists to define technical pay rule specifications and test cases. You will also be involved in defining robust process workarounds – where our systems cannot be fully configured. Finally, you will be involved in the entire system life-cycle to support the implementation of fit-for-purpose people systems.
As a member of the PSI team, the Business Analyst is expected to deliver services in a highly customer-focused manner, providing solutions whilst ensuring these adhere to the strategic business requirements of the Y.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts in the definition of specialist project documentation – including business requirements, technical specifications, and test plans.
- Undertake current and future-state process mapping to support robust process development.
- Consult and liaise with clients and stakeholders to clarify business requirements and make recommendations on the development of new systems, enhancements to existing systems and other solutions to meet client needs.
- Undertake a lead role in analysing and improving business processes to ensure more effective use of new and existing information systems and managing tasks associated with the implementation, change control and support of systems critical to the Y.
- Communicate with key stakeholders, project staff and clients through presentations and project related documentation such as functional specifications, user manuals, contingency plans, risk assessments, quality assurance processes and change control procedures.
- Assist with the planning and management of resources that enable the delivery of services, report project statuses and where appropriate contribute to the development of the project budgets.
Please note, this position is a full-time, 12 month contract.
Capabilities and Behaviours
- Strong experience working in a project management environment, ensuring quality and timeliness of deliverables
- Experience in engaging and influencing stakeholders with a focus on relationship building, collaborating and managing the expectations of key stakeholder groups and providing an outcome that benefits the organisation
- Experience in gathering and interpreting information from a range of sources, and a track record in problem resolution
- Experience in working well under pressure and with minimal supervision & coordinating multiple tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to liaise effectively with all stakeholders
- Strong analytical experience, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Demonstrates YMCA Victoria values
- Creates a culture within the function where personal accountability is promoted to better influence
- Creates a culture of continuous feedback and clarity of messages within the function
- Demonstrates leadership that inspires and motivates people across the function to perform to their best
- Creates a culture of continuous learning and development across the function
Knowledge and Experience
- Strong business experience
- Strong knowledge in business process management
- Strong knowledge of project management methodologies and lifecycle
- Understanding of technology
- Knowledge of managing resources, budgets and financials
- Passion for results
- Highly organised
- Attention to detail
Mandatory Pre-Requisite Qualifications
- Tertiary qualified in Commerce, Information Systems or similar
YMCA, including Boards of Directors, is committed to the safety and wellbeing of children and young people in accordance with our Safeguarding Children and Young People framework. YMCA requires that all applicants undergo satisfactory screening prior to commencement, including but not limited to:
- A national criminal history check;
- An international criminal history check where applicants have worked overseas;
- Holding or obtaining a Working with Children Clearance/ equivalent in accordance with state/ territory laws;
- ACF Safeguarding Children and Young People Certificate (completion online prior to commencement)
- Two reference checks.
Any successfully appointed applicant will be required to adhere to the Safeguarding Children and Young People framework, which includes a thorough safeguarding children and young people induction and committing to upholding the safety and wellbeing of children and young people throughout their engagement with YMCA.
0456 565 668
email@example.com, using the subject line: Business Analyst enquiry via EthicalJobs