At the Y our vision is simple – Amplify Your Voice. Shape Our Community. Challenge Our World.
YMCA Clyde North Early Learning Centre is a 104 place Long Day Care service, which offers both 3 & 4 years' kindergarten programs. We work closely with the local community to ensure that we are providing to highest possible care to all children within our service.
Our vibrant Early Learning Centre incorporates modern and progressive teaching practices which embeds the Early Learning Years Framework. Working in alignment with YMCA Victoria's philosophy, our ELC setting prides itself in teaching a calm and structured learning environment where children are exposed to high quality education.
We offer children a purpose-built early learning centre to instil a love of learning, nurture curiosity and help children reach their full potential, providing everything needed to play, learn and thrive throughout the day.
About the role
Create a tranquil and positive environment for children to learn and thrive. Adopting the modern techniques of teaching, you will be well-versed with the National Framework in Early Learning. Your role will involve:
- Working together with fellow Educators, families and within a supportive team to deliver a kindergarten program to children from 4-5 years
- Having strong knowledge and experience of programming and planning for children aged 4-5 years, an understanding of the Victorian Kindergarten Learning Guidelines and Early Years Learning Framework.
- Being able to provide diverse learning experience in an inclusive environment for all children, their families and employees
- Possessing a strong commitment to pedagogical excellence and innovation in the Early Childhood space
- Facilitating a child's capacity to engage in an environment that is safe, secure, nurturing and educational, particularly in the two years prior to the start of their formal school journey.
- Making lessons captivating and enjoyable for individuals and small groups of children
- Possessing a great eye for details, record keeping and documenting without getting flustered
- Having the ability to forge connection with children, nurturing their curiosity and expanding their skillset and overall development
- Encouraging children's independence in relation to health and wellbeing
- Encouraging a sense of belonging within the early childhood services and wider
You will be a passionate Early Childhood Kindergarten Teacher committed to delivering a superior service for children and their parents. You will:
- Have a solid knowledge and understanding of the implementation and ongoing management of the Victorian Kindergarten Learning Guidelines and National Quality Framework
- Have previous experience in an Early Childhood education role and a commitment to ongoing learning, professional development and reflective practice
- Showcase strong leadership abilities while supporting the local team of Educators with an emphasis on collaboration, communication, empowerment and engagement
- Possess excellent organisational and time management skills, including the ability to delegate, prioritise and ensure a consistent high quality service experience for all children and families
- Possess great verbal and written communication skills and can provide parents with effective feedback and discuss children’s development
- Have well-developed emotional intelligence to be able to remain calm and composed on the face of anger and frustration
- Possess the ability to handle and respond to unforeseen accidents, incidents and emergencies while putting up a brave face and remaining calm
- Have a natural flair in building positive working relationships with stakeholders and driving results
- Possess proven ability to embrace current theory and trends in the childcare sector and support a continuous improvement process within the Centre
All candidates will be required to undertake background and probity checks including Reference Checks, a Criminal Record Check and Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Qualifications and Licences
- Bachelors degree in Early Childhood/Children’s services
- VIT Registration
- First Aid and CPR certification
- Anaphylaxis and Asthma certification
At the YMCA, we value our people. Working for us means you’ll enjoy great work/life balance and a range of benefits which improve your wellbeing and help you develop as an individual, such as:
- Flexible working arrangements
- Opportunities for career development and growth
- Free access to gyms, recreation, and aquatics centres across the state
- Free access to the Virtual Y – online health and wellness
How to Apply
Working for the YMCA is a rewarding and challenging experience for those with a positive attitude, zest for life and who seek to contribute to the bigger picture. If this is you, click the Apply button or email firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Early Childhood Kindergarten Teacher enquiry via EthicalJobs, for further information.