A fantastic opportunity for a registered mental health professional to be part of a professional, passionate and thriving headspace centre.
- Full time role
- Contract Fixed-term (with possibility to extend)
headspace is Australia's National Youth Mental Health Foundation. The headspace vision is to improve young people's mental, social and emotional wellbeing through the provision of high quality, integrated services when and where they are needed.
headspace is committed to embracing diversity and eliminating all forms of discrimination in the provision of mental health services. headspace welcomes all people irrespective of ethnicity, lifestyle choice, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity.
headspace Albany is currently seeking a full time Care Coordinator to join their dynamic and highly successful team.
The Care Coordinator role will involve:
- Contributing to the ongoing development, coordination and provision of high quality, early intervention intake response for young people, their families and community services.
- Directly engaging and coordinating care for young people accessing headspace Albany.
- Assisting in the referral of young people to appropriate programs either within headspace Albany or within other community agencies
- Participating in community awareness raising activities that promote early help seeking and intervention for mental and general health issues.
Successful candidates will possess:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline, Psychology, Social Work, Occupational Therapy, Nursing or equivalent
- Experience in engaging with young people from ‘at risk’ populations including LGBTIQA+ Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, CaLD communities, young men. and young people who are homeless/ at risk of homelessness,
- Demonstrated experience delivering mental health support, services or programs to young people, their families and friends.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to undertake screening and assessment to determine young person’s needs level of risk and to refer to other services as appropriate.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to engage, work with and coordinate care for young people aged 12 to 25 years in areas of mental health and intervention.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to problem solve and work creatively with young people.
What we offer:
- An opportunity to be part of an innovative, diversified and growing organisation.
- Competitive salary with ongoing industry benchmarking and access to salary packaging.
- Well-appointed, youth friendly, office environment.
- Comprehensive training, induction and support within the role as well as ongoing quality supervision and professional development opportunities.
- Above award annual leave, long service leave and superannuation entitlements, which increase in line with tenure.
Please submit your resume and cover letter addressing the selection criteria in this ad under the section the “successful candidate will possess”.
- Appointment to the role is subject to the successful candidate providing a clear a National Police Check certificate and Working with Children Check card.
- Due to the high volume of applications received for our advertised positions, only those applicants who are short-listed will be contacted. To those applicants not short-listed, we extend our appreciation for considering Youth Focus as a potential employer.
- Given the urgency to recruit this position, we may progress with a suitable candidate prior to the closing date.
Please call the headspace Albany Manager, Andrew on 0447 911 686 for more information or a confidential discussion regarding this role.