Youth Focus is a for-purpose organisation creating brighter futures for young people in Western Australia through a range of no-cost mental health services.
Youth Focus is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for all. We strongly encourage all people, irrespective of ethnicity, lifestyle choice, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity to apply to be a part of our team.
About the opportunity:
We are seeking a full-time Team Lead to:
- Create a youth mental health service, with guidance from community Elders and Traditional Owners, that is driven by the unique needs of the community.
- Lead and manage the multidisciplinary team in the establishment and operation of a community driven, collaborative and responsive Meekatharra-based service.
- Build and manage stakeholder relationships to ensure strong partnerships, co-location opportunities and collaboration with local service providers, community groups, government and non-government agencies.
- Work closely with local young people and their families to ensure successful pathways for young people, limiting barriers and creating safe, holistic and person-centred support.
- Ensure processes around intake, assessment, care coordination and intervention are culturally appropriate, trauma-informed and recovery oriented.
Please note, this opportunity is fixed-term 'til 30 June 2022 with the possibility of extension.
We welcome applications from candidates based in Meekatharra (highly desirable) or Mid-West region.
About the candidate:
- Will possess a degree in Social Work, Psychology, Occupational Therapy or equivalent and relevant registration with an appropriate professional body.
- Experience working and/or living in regional and remote communities
- Experience working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and awareness of cultural protocols when consulting with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- Minimum of five years’ experience working within the health care and/or non-government sector.
- Demonstrated clinical knowledge, skills and experience working with young people and families.
- Sound understanding of the mental health sector and the clinical aspects of work in this area.
- An in depth understanding of the barriers experienced by young people in their attempts to access services.
- A sound understanding of the social determinants of health and models of social and emotional wellbeing.
- Ability to identify, manage, mitigate and escalate risk as appropriate.
- Proven leadership and management experience at a level commensurate with the position, including the ability to manage contracts and support teams working in isolated environments.
What we offer:
- An opportunity to be part of a person-centred, flexible, family friendly organisation;
- An inclusive and welcoming environment for all;
- Competitive salary offerings with the ability to salary sacrifice;
- Access to professional development opportunities;
- Additional annual leave, long service leave and superannuation entitlements; and
- Generous paid parental and partner leave.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please click Apply Now.
For further information or a confidential discussion about the position please contact Human Resources 08 6266 4333.
We reserve the right to close this job ad early so please apply at your nearest convenience. Please note, only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted. For those that aren’t contacted, we thank you for your application and interest in a role with Youth Focus.