THIS IS NOT FOR YOU
Unless you have a brain for collaboration and communication
Unless you are passionate about being a part of a for purpose organisation
Unless you have events experience and a strong network
Unless you have an I for detail ;-)
Unless you are comfortable asking for support
Unless you are task orientated, driven and enthusiastic
Unless you are committed to making a difference in the community
Unless you love a list and a detailed spreadsheet
If this sounds like you, then you might like to join Youth Opportunities as our new Events and Sponsorship Manager.
This full-time role is based at our Somerton Park office and is an integral role within our high-performing marketing and fundraising team, and across the organisation in a broader marketing capacity.
Your typical day is managing lists and people, but you thrive on a challenge and the opportunity to get the job done, especially when you know that your work contributes to helping young people become personal leaders and live their best lives.
The person we are looking for:
- Has an events, fundraising and sponsorship background in order to support the achievement of the targets as identified in the annual plan.
- Can project coordinate the development and delivery of identified events.
- Has the capacity to manage multiple priorities, workflows and deadlines as per the event calendar simultaneously, with a calm and focused approach.
- Acts as the lead and manager of the Youth Opportunities volunteer committees for events including board members, supporters and Youth Opportunities staff.
- Works with relevant stakeholders to develop sponsorship opportunities for business donors, encourage representatives of these support businesses to participate in Youth Opportunities events and assist in securing donors at fundraising event to achieve the fundraising targets.
- Will develop, plan and execute the implementation of effective corporate sponsorship and partnership programs including identifying, pursuing and building effective relationships with corporate partners, business supporters and executing relevant proposals and communication.
- Helps implement stewardship and recognition strategies for the supporter portfolio including regular correspondence to donors to thank them for their involvement and support.
- Maintains high quality and up-to-date donor relationship information in the CRM system.
Educational / Vocational Qualifications
- Tertiary qualification in events/management/communications/fundraising or philanthropy, or proven skills and experience relevant to this role.
- Out-of-hours Work. This position is required to undertake out-of-hours work to assist with events and meetings.
- Travel. Some intrastate travel may be required, and in the future, some interstate travel may be required.
- Driver’s License. This position requires a current driver’s license as it is required to travel to meetings and events on a regular basis. Also, the availability and willingness to utilise your private vehicle for local and regional travel recording the KM’s for reimbursement.
- Department of Communities and Social Inclusion – Child Related Clearance (essential)
- This role is based in Somerton Park, SA at the Youth Opportunities head office.
To learn more about Youth Opportunities and the work we do please visit our website: http://www.youthopportunities.com.au.
You will get to be part of a supportive and purpose led team who are driven to improve the lives of young people in SA.
Youth Opportunities is a registered public benevolent institution (PBI) for the purposes of salary sacrifice and fringe benefits tax.
Please address any queries to email@example.com, using the subject line: Events & Sponsorship Manager enquiry via EthicalJobs.