- Make a significant difference to the community
- Positively impact the lives of women, young women and girls!
- Core values of Feminism, Inclusion, Excellence, Innovation & Integrity
ABOUT YWCA AUSTRALIA
We are a proudly feminist not-for-profit organisation and for over 140 years we have been working at the forefront of gender equality through our housing, community programs and advocacy. Over the years we’ve made significant progress as we’ve gone through a number of evolutions, adapting to the ever-changing issues impacting women, young and old. We have evolved again and are transforming the way we operate. Our new 5-year strategy, the YWCA Evolve Strategy (YeS2026), has recently been launched with a focus on making women’s housing and young women’s leadership with lived experience our priority for gender equity in Australia. This will ensure we continue to deliver measurable and meaningful impact in the gender equality space.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
YWCA Australia is currently seeking a passionate Coordinator to join our Youth Arts Café Team. This role is offered on a part time (22.5 hours per week) basis on a maximum term contract ending on 30/06/2022 and is based in our Goonellabah office.
The Youth Arts Café offers an innovative program to young people to help them create pathways to employment. Local partners bring together live training in hospitality, customer service and employment skills as well as collaborations in creative arts, design and technology to help young people get a start in their career.
Youth Arts Cafe Coordinator is responsible for the efficient and effective development, coordination and delivery of the Youth Arts Café program in line with best practice, research, contractual requirements, policies & procedures and risk management guidelines. Core duties include:
- Develop and implement the Youth Arts Café (YAC) program to support young people to build educational and employability skills, social connections and increase community engagement.
- Facilitate a co-design process with young people to ensure young people’s participation in the design, implementation and evaluation of the YAC program.
- Oversee YAC operations ensuring safe work practices, WHS and maintenance of the commercial kitchen.
- Develop and facilitate collaborative relationships with community stakeholders to deliver program outcomes.
- Develop communication and marketing strategies to promote the YAC program and engage young people.
- Manage program budgets, reporting and evaluation in line with contractual and organisational requirements.
- Recruit, induct and manage staff/volunteers to provide strong engagement and connection with young people.
The ideal applicant we are seeking will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in youth work, education, social work, community development, hospitality or similar.
- Demonstrated experience working with young people from a strengths-based approach.
- Experience developing, implementing and evaluating programs in line with budget and contractual requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including sound IT skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of NSW Child Protection legislation and NSW Mandatory Reporting procedures.
- Have a current NSW Driver’s license.
- This position will require the successful candidate to undergo pre-employment screening. This will include a national criminal history record check, a NSW Working with Children Check, a current NSW driver’s license and proof of Covid-19 vaccination.
Join our bold, inclusive and innovative team to make a real difference - lead the change.
View Position Description Here