- Be part of a strong, unified, national feminist organisation
- Part time role including weekend shifts
- Help young people in crisis accommodation
ABOUT YWCA AUSTRALIA
YWCA Australia is a feminist not-for-profit organisation focused on improving gender equality for women, young women and girls. Together we challenge the systems, structures and policies that act as barriers to women, especially young women, achieving their full potential.
For 140 years we have stood for gender equality in all communities, transforming the lives of individual women, young women and girls. Cheered on by a fiercely passionate and supportive team, we shout loud and proud and our voices echo around the world in a global feminist movement.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
YWCA Australia is currently seeking a passionate Youth Worker to join our Housing Support Team. This role is offered on a part time (22 hours per week) basis on a maximum term contract ending on 30/06/2023 and is based at CASY House in Rapid Creek.
A Youth Worker at CASY House supports young people in the 24-hour crisis accommodation program as part of a youth work team. Core duties include maintaining a safe, supportive environment to resolve crisis needs, promote independent living skills and future planning.
The ideal applicant we are seeking will have:
- Previous experience in a Youth Work role, or similar.
- Completed or studying towards a Cert III in Community Services and/or Youth Work.
- Experience using basic Microsoft Office Suites.
- Ability to maintain client information and case notes on a relevant computer based program or database.
- An understanding of the complex issues relating to youth homelessness, particularly youth in crisis.
- Availability to perform shift work including weekends and public holidays.
- Hold and maintain an NT Driver’s Licence, Criminal History Check, Senior First Aid Certificate and Working with Children (Ochre) Card.
- Strong supporter of Women’s Rights and willing to push the boundaries.
- Team player who is approachable with strong interpersonal and listening skills together with the ability to empower.
- Results focused, self-motivated and a self-starter who goes above and beyond.
- Doesn’t settle, strives for continues improvement and has a high level of integrity.
- This position will require the applicant to satisfactorily complete a national criminal history record check and hold the relevant state-based working with vulnerable persons permit prior to employment
Join our bold, inclusive and innovative team to make a real difference - lead the change.
CASY Youth Worker Job Description.