Are you a friendly, proficient, and motivated individual? Ability Links is looking for you!
Ability Links is a growing and supportive team organisation that has a great culture, impacts lives, and offers a flexible working environment.
Ability Links Recovery Coaches are passionate about supporting people with disabilities through recovery-enabling relationships and dynamic coaching. We aim to enhance the persons’ capacity, identify strengths, and build resilience to navigate complex challenges and promote optimal living.
About the role
- Work collaboratively with people, their families, carers, allied health professionals and service providers to design, plan and implement a recovery plan.
- Provide informed choice and control with a person-centred, action-based approach.
- Assist Participants and their families to navigate the NDIS, link in with supports and manage their NDIS plan
- We offer career progression opportunities with ongoing support and training in a values-based organisation.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
Experience working in Mental Health, Support Coordination, Local Area Coordination, Recovery Coaching, or Allied Health would be highly regarded.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to actively listen and build rapport.
- Lived experience with mental health issues is highly regarded.
- Ability to work within a team and with other organisations.
- Time management skills, the ability to multi-task and prioritise work.
- Strong organisational, planning, and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to condense information concisely and draft reports.
- Computer skills and competency in software and administration
- An understanding of the NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme)
- Previous experience navigating the NDIS either through lived experience, working as an LAC, Support Coordinator, Recovery Coach or Planner.
- Cert IV level or above in Community Services, Disability Services, Mental Health or equivalent.
- Open Drivers Licence (Travel to surrounding suburbs, including Nowra)
- Current Police check.
- Working with Children Clearance
- COVID-19 Vaccination certificate (in accordance with Government Health Mandates).
- NDIS Worker Screening Check (may be applied for at the post-interview stage).
- Flexible work hours/life balance
- Laptop and phone plan provided
- SCHADs award rates
- Team supervision & mentoring
- Opportunities for career progression
To submit your application, click Apply Now.
A position description is attached.