- Executive Leadership Positions
- Work for an innovative Australian aid program
- Attractive Pacific locations – Fiji and Samoa
The Australia Pacific Training Coalition (APTC) is a center for training excellence and collaboration, working in partnership with regional governments, industry and TVET training providers to develop a more skilled, inclusive and productive workforce aligned with domestic and international labour market requirements that enhances Pacific prosperity
The Vocational Training Manager (VTM) will manage the delivery of Australian qualifications and skill sets in the countries of responsibility ensuring high quality delivery and regulatory compliance whilst driving a culture of innovation and continuous improvement in vocational training delivery practice.
Your key responsibilities include but not limited to;
- Overall responsibility for ASQA, TAFE Queensland and National TVET regulatory compliance, the alignment of the training delivery, learning support and student experience at APTC.
- Seek to deliver joint training with local institutional partners and will manage training delivery capacity building activities with partner training providers and any third-party arrangements between partner training providers, TAFE Queensland, and TVET partners as directed by the Country Director and Chief Academic Officer.
- Identify and support the business development activities, creating incentives and marketing opportunities for co-investment to achieve mutually agreed TVET system strengthening objectives to improve sustainability of APTC.
The Vocational Training Manager based in Fiji and Samoa reports to the Country Director and takes direction from the Chief Academic Officer with regards to ASQA and TAFE Queensland VET quality and compliance.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116) or Diploma level, or higher teaching qualification
- Australian Vocational qualification in an industry sector.
- Extensive experience in an Australian TVET organisation.
- Highly developed understanding of a range of industry training packages.
- Demonstrated experience in managing the development and application of a full range of teaching and assessment methodologies, customisation techniques and standards.
- Demonstrated extensive knowledge and experience of NVR Standards and regulatory framework, ASQA requirements, third party arrangements and proven ability to manage compliance.
- Demonstrated superior written and IT skills, and demonstrated experience in preparing high-level responses, reports and presentations.
- Proven ability to manage others; providing leadership, direction and mentoring to facilitate capability development and support change in a culturally sensitive manner.