- Do you want to work with a company that cares about their clients?
- Do you want to work with clients achieve their goals?
- Do you want to make a difference to PWD?
- If yes, we want you to work with us
Kukoons commitment extends to both NDIS clients, in allowing them to most fruitfully utilise their NDIS funding, and the NDIA, in delivering the vision in which NDIS funding was created.
Kukoons Disability Support Workers are the front line is delivery the quality supports required by all our clients.
Each client will have a brief of what is required of their support workers to work towards achieving their NDIS goals.
Each day Kukoons Disability Support Workers are required to work with the client/s in a safe, friendly, sustainable manner towards these goals.
- Provide high quality, professional and unique personalised support, which is stimulated in the client’s individual, support plan and package.
- Provide, Respectful relationships and develop professional relationships with other workers and customers.
- Provide safe, non-threatening, comfortable environments and positive social and emotional support systems.
- Manual handling, lifting, bending, physical transfer of customers and stretching, positive behaviour support, and monitoring as required by individual clients.
- Personal Care assistance with toileting, showering, meal assistance, medication, grooming, dressing, household chores and other tasks as required.
- Daily Support Assisting in daily planning, communication and transport as required by the client.
- Read and update communication books and client files as required and ensure relevant documentation is available and maintained.
- Complete all administrative tasks required.
- Record attendance and complete timesheets
- Attends and participate in meetings, reviews required.
- Level 4 or higher Certificate in Disability or equivalent
- NDIS Worker Screening Check
- Previous Employment and Participant Checks
- Current first aide certificate and/or mental health first aide certificate
- Working with Children’s Check
- Unrestricted Drivers Licence and vehicle
- Demonstrated knowledge of current issues, standards and trends in the delivery of disability services within the NDIS funding model
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander persons to forward your resume. We encourage persons with 2 more years experience in Mental Health to forward your resume.
A complete position description is attached.
To submit your application, click Apply Now.