- Attractive salary packaging options available
- Full time, contract opportunity until June 2022
- Flexible location! Work out of one of our Dementia Australia offices in QLD, ACT or SA!
Dementia Australia is the national peak body and source of trusted information, education, and services for the estimated half a million Australians living with dementia, and the almost 1.6 million people involved in their care. We advocate for positive change and support vital research. We are here to support people impacted by dementia, and to enable them to live as well as possible. Our commitment to a shared set of values shapes our decisions, actions and behaviours towards achieving our core purpose and strategic priorities.
- We connect by promoting a people centred way of working and respecting all
- We collaborate in a supportive manner with each other, other teams, clients and external parties
- We commit to our purpose and direction, are accountable for our actions and support innovation, reshaping the way we do things
The Facilities Coordinator will join the Business Services team to help ensure that all Dementia Australia premises nation-wide are safe, comfortable, and properly maintained for employees, contractors, clients, and guests. This role will be responsible for ensuring the quality delivery of services through the successful management and control of third-party contract providers.
Reporting directly to the Facilities Manager you will also be responsible for:
- Engaging with vendors, managing the vendor qualification process, and developing a vendor list for key procurement categories
- Adhering to and ensuring compliance of the organisations Emergency Management Plan in relation to fire safety and first aid, including vendor management with the Fire Safety Service supplier, working closely with the National WHS Business Partner to ensure compliance and training schedules are undertaken and maintained.
- Ongoing collaboration with relevant internal stakeholders such as, Quality, Health and Safety, Industrial Relations, Transport compliance to ensure timely and effective vendor assessment
- Planning and conducting the periodic on-site vendor evaluations, audits, and capability assessments to evaluate the effectiveness of vendor's management system in accordance with project and contract requirements
To be successful in the position, you will be a team player, show an absolute commitment to the delivery of high-quality results and meet the key selection criteria outlined below.
Key Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with general facilities management including general understanding of Building Compliance codes and services (Experience in a national or inter-state organisation is highly regarded)
- An understanding of WHS in the workplace and its interpretation within a diverse nature of application
- Experience working with and managing fire safety vendors and contracts (highly regarded)
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Effective time and task management skills with the ability to organise and coordinate a range of tasks within tight timeframes and competing deadlines
- Strong customer and stakeholder engagement skills with the ability to build a strong rapport
- Certificate III in Facilities Management or demonstrated equivalent experience/qualification
In return, you will be offered a flexible and supportive work environment as well as several attractive staff benefits. This role does involve travel, so a valid driver’s license is essential. You will be making a difference in the lives of people living with dementia, their families and friends.
To view the Position Description, and to apply for this role, click the "Apply Now" button.
For specific role enquiries, please contact Recruitment@dementia.org.au using the subject line: Facilities Coordinator enquiry via EthicalJobs.
Applications that do not contain a covering letter that addresses each of the key selection criteria will not be considered.