Allambi Care are currently seeking an Occupational Therapist to join our multidisciplined clinical team, you will work with the different professionals in our team to achieve positive therapeutic outcomes. The successful applicant will work with a range of young people, participants and the teams who support them daily.
To provide high quality, evidence based Occupational Therapy services to Allambi stakeholders.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Appropriately screen referrals for occupational therapy services for paediatric and adult clients
- Conduct necessary assessments to determine client needs
- Develop comprehensive treatment plans in collaboration with referral sources and/or other allied health professionals
- Participate as a member of the multidisciplinary team
- Develop, monitor and modify treatment plans according to evidence-based practice
- Participate in required professional development
- Maintain active membership in relevant professional organisations
- Provide formal and informal training as requested
- Conduct telehealth services as requested
- Maintain current and accurate billing records in the designated formats
- Maintain current and accurate client records
- Serve as a member of the multidisciplinary team
- Provide services in designated Allambi locations
- Participate in designated meetings both onsite and offsite
- Travel to other locations to provide services, as needed
- Serve as a primary resource to Allambi and its stakeholders in the area of occupational therapy
- Maintain the privacy and confidentiality of client’s and their families
- Order necessary assessments, equipment and materials to complete duties and responsibilities
- Conduct other duties and responsibilities as requested
Selection Criteria (please address all points in your application)
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree or higher in Occupational Therapy
- 2 or more years of professional experience preferred
- Eligibility for registration and/or membership in relevant professional Organisations
- Ability to create and deliver informative reports with multiple facets of information to internal and external stakeholders.
- MS Office Proficiency
- Advanced organisational skills with the ability to prioritise, manage multiple tasks and work independently.
- Demonstrated experience working with people with a disability or children and young people in OOHC.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
What is on offer?
- Full Time Employment
- 4 weeks Annual leave per year
- 1 Roster Day Off per month
- Opportunity to receive Fringe Benefits Tax (salary sacrifice) on commencement of employment
- Access to the Fitness Passport Program which includes over 90 gyms and pools.
- Monday - Friday work week, 8:30am - 5:00pm.
Must have these documents if successful
- Working with Children Check
- National Police Check
- Drivers License
- Comprehensively insured vehicle
- First Aid Certificate
- Proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 or willingness to obtain
If you meet the above criteria and you’re interested in contributing to an organisation that values the highest level of quality in everything it sets out to achieve, we want to hear from you!
Please note, applications must include a cover letter addressing above essential criteria and a complete resume including two professional references.
Allambi Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (ATSI) and Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) backgrounds.