- Are you a Psychologist, Occupational Therapist or Speech and Language Pathologist passionate about delivering evidence based trauma-informed services to children impacted by harm?
- Are you a current or emerging leader seeking an opportunity to lead a multidisciplinary team and contribute to the region's growth and delivery of services?
- Are you seeking a role that offers, variety, growth, support and the opportunity to make real change for others?
Act for Kids is a prominent provider of free prevention, professional therapy and support services for children who have suffered abuse and support for families at risk. With over 25 centres nationally, we have supported thousands of children and their families for more than 30 years. In 2019 - 2020 we provided services to 44,894 people, including over 29,000 children.
Our unique multidisciplinary teams provide integrated therapy, sexual abuse counselling, safe houses in remote Indigenous communities, information, advice and referral services, intensive family support and early learning centres designed for children with additional development needs to ensure we set them up for success at school.
About the job...
We’re seeking a Clinical Services Manager to join the team.
This position will deliver clinical services to a diverse caseload of clients and lead a multidisciplinary team to enhance psychosocial outcomes for children and young people impacted by trauma.
Conveniently located in Ipswich, this position is full-time permanent with an easy commute from the Gold Coast or Brisbane.
- Lead a clinical team to deliver high quality outcomes within a performance planning and development culture.
- Hold a clinical caseload of children impacted by trauma.
- Build and maintain partnerships with local community, corporate and government agencies with the goal of increasing referrals and Act for Kids’ profile in Ipswich.
- Work with the Director of Therapy Services to implement cost recovery business models and foster business partnerships to sustain and grow the service.
- Provide clinical supervision and leadership for team members with a focus on practice excellence.
- Tertiary qualifications in psychology, speech and language pathology or occupational therapy.
- Registration or membership with the relevant National Board of Australia (APHRA or Speech Pathology Australia).
- At least three years’ experience working with children, young people and their families who have been impacted by trauma or experienced abuse and neglect, or at least five years’ experience working in similar roles.
- Experience providing individual and group therapy to children, young people and their families.
- Clinical and therapeutic understanding of the impacts of trauma on child and family functioning.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and build a strong, cohesive team in alignment with Act for Kids’ values.
- Proven management experience within a service delivery context.
With over 30% of our employees identifying as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, we encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
About the pay...
- Position is classified level 7.1 - 7.3 under the SCHCADS award;
- Salary range is $97,816 - $101,903 plus 9.5% superannuation (pro-rata for part-time);
- In addition, as a registered Not for Profit/Charity, we offer excellent salary packaging options through RemServ which can significantly increase your take home pay.
About the benefits...
- Overall winner of HRD Employer of Choice 2019 (100-499 employees)
- Winner of HRD Employer of Choice 2019 in (1) Health & Wellbeing (2) Leadership (3) Work-Life Balance
- Strong values based organisation
- Excellent clinical and leadership development options (including annual professional development fund and thorough trauma-informed onboarding, training and support).
- Paid parental leave and study assistance
- Employee Assistance Program including Health & Well-being Portal
- A friendly and flexible work environment to support work/life balance
Blue Card Requirement
From 31 August 2020, you are required to have a current blue card to commence employment at Act for Kids in Queensland. Please visit Queensland Blue cards for more information.
Click on ‘Apply for this job’ to submit an application or for more information about the role, contact Miranda Bain on 0419 794 513 or Miranda.Bain@actforkids.com.au, using the subject line: Clinical Services Manager (Integrated Therapy Services) - Ipswich enquiry via EthicalJobs.
Click here to see a full copy of the position description.