Tuning Into Respectful Relationships is a psychoeducational group program for prisoners, residing in correctional facilities. The program’s aims are to raise awareness of the elements of respectful relationships, impart practical knowledge and skills to help participants maintain, improve and develop relationships, and contribute to the participant’s self-development.
- To assist participants better understand the role of respect in their relationships through the facilitation of the Tuning Into Respectful Relationships program
- To equip participants with tools to make and improve respectful relationships through the facilitation of the Tuning Into Respectful Relationships program
- To enable participants to identify and pursue personal development needs in relation to their own attitudes or behaviours
- To provide a positive experience thus encouraging participants to seek and engage in further opportunities and programs for self-development.
To learn more view the position description available here: Position Description - TIRR group facilitator
The successful applicant will need to be relaxed (with an awareness of their surroundings), confident (without arrogance) and reflective enough to grow with the participants.
- Experience and knowledge in adult group facilitation, desired experience in Men’s Behaviour Change Program delivery or family violence specific group delivery.
- Hold a solid understanding of gender based Family Violence as well as an understanding of the prison system. In addition, show an ability to reflect on inter-relational challenges within these environments such as collusion.
- Ability to establish working relationships with all key stakeholders that demonstrate respect and honest communication, particularly in relation to building partnerships and collaboration
- Flexibility of availability due to the rostering of group programs
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work or related discipline at degree level or diploma level with experience relevant to child welfare
The important stuff:
- SCHADS level 5 salary plus super plus salary packaging
- Office location: (Head office in Box Hill) however travel to metro Melbourne and Regional Vic may be required
- Access to discounted health insurance, free Employee Assistance, Salary Packaging and a range of other employment benefits supporting your physical and mental health
- Professional development, training, support and a culture of inclusivity and resilience
- Our Rainbow Tick Accreditation
- A leadership team that are passionate about achieving the best possible outcomes for children, young people and families
How to Apply:
Please apply straight away though as we will be moving candidates through the process immediately.
To apply for this position please click apply below.
You will also be requested to attach your resume and cover letter that describes your motivation to apply for this role and any skills and experience relevant to the role.
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.