- Location: Flexible - Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane
At Aruma, we support people with disabilities to live great lives. It's the reason we exist - after all, why should anyone have to settle for anything less? And to make this a reality, we rely on the skill and commitment of our Aruma team.
Aruma is seeking a dedicated and passionate Senior Occupational Therapist who will utilise their skills and knowledge to provide services to people with a disability.
What success looks like…
- Work in a multi/trans-disciplinary model with a range of allied health professionals to provide a holistic and integrated approach to supports
- Provide clinical knowledge, expertise and support to individuals, families and Aruma customer support teams
- Provide professional leadership in Occupational Therapy service provision within Aruma
- Provide regular supervision and operational management to a team of Occupational Therapists. Assist customers, their families and your team of Occupational Therapists to identify individual customer occupational therapy needs through assessment and planning, developing meaningful goals and practical strategies to meet customer goals in their home and community
- Provide consultation advice and support around occupational and sensory needs in relation to significant life transitions for customers in Aruma placements
- Participate in intake decision making processes regarding customers with complex needs
- Mentor and train your Occupational Therapy team to exercise independent clinical judgment concerning the selection and application of principles, methods and techniques of Occupational Therapy assessment and/or therapy plans
- Work with a small caseload of complex Occupational Therapy needs customers, as well as monitor and approve all Occupational Therapy plans prepared by your team, ensuring that all plans reflect customer NDIS goals and current evidence-based practice
What you need to be successful in this role…
- Demonstrated skills and experience of an Advanced Occupational Therapy Practitioner in the field of Occupational Therapy
- Have a minimum 5 years' experience in the delivery of Occupational Therapy services to people and /or children with complex needs
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification as an Occupational Therapist with current AHPRA registration
- Experience in delivering and evaluating relevant training for support staff
- Demonstrated capacity to engage quickly and work effectively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders including individuals, families, support teams, government agencies and specialist support services
- High level time management and case load management skills
- An ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team
- Working with Children Check and NDIS Worker Screening Check clearance
- Current driver's licence and a willingness to drive as per role requirements
- Current First Aid Certificate with CPR
Our success depends on YOU. We'd love to hear your story.
To be part of the Aruma journey, apply now by sending your CV and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria.
Only applicants with the right to work in Australia will be considered. Shortlisted applications will be required to undergo pre-employment checks. We will be actively shortlisting during the advertising period and reserve the right to close this advert prior to the advertised date.
Aruma is a Child Safe Organisation and an EEO Employer.