At Aruma, we support people with disabilities to live great lives. It's the reason we exist - after all, why should anyone have to settle for anything less? And to make this a reality, we rely on the skill and commitment of our Aruma team.
When you're part of the Aruma team, you're not just supporting people. You're pioneering new paths, challenging assumptions, daring to think differently, and telling society to raise its bar higher.
We are seeking a dedicated and committed Service Desk Technician to play an integral role in the success of our services and the achievement of our vision, mission, and organisational objectives. You will be passionate about customer service excellence and building relationships with stakeholders to ensure quality outcomes to any issues that arise. This role will be based in our Toowong Office.
What success looks like…
- Overall responsibility for efficient and stable IT infrastructure at Aruma
- To promote the IT&T Division of Aruma as an efficient, accountable and excellent service provider by ensuring that the best possible level of service quality and availability are maintained
- Ensuring customer service excellence and a commitment to quality of outcomes
- Building relationships within and external to Aruma
- Contributing to a constructive and innovative workplace culture
- Focusing on continuous improvement and innovation
Skills and experience that make you stand out…
- An enhanced working knowledge of a human rights-based approach and the individual and community context, and sector and organisation purpose and values.
- A skilled team member, acting as a resource for a small work group on a regular basis, providing coaching and feedback.
- Shares knowledge and information with less experienced team members. Able to communicate flexibly in an appropriate manner
- Varies own schedule, contacting senior staff only to seek specialised help or notify progress or work.
- Contacts people on non-routine practical matters and external organisations on routine practical matters.
- Deals with many issues presenting and, when outside skill set, ensures involvement of more experienced person.
- Has a relevant network of contacts and work with customers to explore and resolve their practical complex needs, expectations and goals.
- Uses understanding of relevant service delivery theory and has operational knowledge of supports and services available.
- Is flexible and suggests alternatives and gathers information to enable effective referral.
- Adheres to organisation policies & procedures and all relevant government legislation and standards.
- Understands and interprets complicated standards which require variations to procedures.
Be part of this dedicated, collaborative organisation and make a difference! We offer the benefits of flexibility, ongoing supervision and professional development opportunities, a competitive salary and the option of salary packaging.