Job No: ASPECTLB1392
- Multiple locations
Start and end every day with an organisation at the forefront of service delivery in an NDIS environment, knowing that you’re doing something amazing.
At Autism Spectrum Australia (Aspect), our therapists have more time to focus on the people they support and deliver high-quality and highly valued services.
How? Because we believe in setting a realistic goal of supporting three to four people on the autism spectrum a day, so you have more time to discover their unique strengths and aspirations, more time to reflect and plan, and more time to make a difference.
With a culture of wellbeing at the core of everything we do, you’ll also discover that creating the right balance for your personal priorities becomes a reality too.
Hone your craft as a clinician in the autism space and you’ll have the foundation skills for an amazing future in the disability sector.
What we offer
- A 12-week structured induction program to ease you into your caseload and give you that critical insight and roadmap to your new career
- Beyond induction, we offer a very strong individualised support and supervision structure with both a clinical and operational focus tailored to your learning needs
- A flexible and autonomous working day with a current daily billable expectation of four hours, supporting three to four people each day
- Excellent internal and external professional development opportunities including access to a Professional Development allowance of up to $750 a year, two professional learning days, and a personal development day or a resource budge
- An established rewards and recognition program
- Leave entitlements including parental leave, study leave and generous sick/carers leave
- Varied work and other opportunities including access to Communities of Practice and Quality Improvement projects
- Training in Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) and support to become registered as a Behaviour Support Practitioner if desired.
- Technology including phone and laptop
- A variety of work options including full and part time, permanent and maximum term contracts depending on experience
- A competitive package based on relevant qualifications and experience
- $70k to $105k p.a. FTE salary package range - (inclusive of superannuation and pro rata for part time/contract term)
- Tax-effective salary packaging opportunities including $15,899 each year tax free, increasing the value of your take-home pay
The not negotiables
- Tertiary qualifications in Occupational Therapy
- Fully registered with AHPRA
- Current driver’s licence, use of own vehicle for business purposes (reimbursed per kilometre) and willingness to travel across your local LGAs
- NDIS Worker Screening Check clearance
- Appropriate Working With Children Check for paid employment in the State or Territory in which you work
- Completion of the mandatory NDIS Worker Orientation Module ‘Quality, Safety and You’ is also required. If you have not already completed the module, click here to access it.
- You may be required to provide an International Police Check clearance
Click here to view the Position Profile
Please attach your resume (not compulsory) and complete the candidate questionnaire as part of Aspect's online recruitment process. Cover letter is optional. Click here to view the job ad or click the 'Apply Now' button.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Vaccination against COVID-19 may be a requirement for some positions at Aspect, in accordance with Public Health Orders, Work Health and Safety and duty of care obligations for staff and participants/students. As part of the recruitment/interview process Aspect is collecting information related to your vaccination status to ensure we are in compliance with all government orders and directives.
Enquiries should be directed to: Sarah Crook – firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Occupational Therapists enquiry via EthicalJobs – 0428 260 133
Learn more about us: www.autismspectrum.org.au
Aspect is committed to providing an autism-friendly workplace and supporting an inclusive and diverse workforce. With 3.8% of our workforce on the autism spectrum and a strategic goal to keep growing our autistic workforce, this is a place where everyone can truly shine in their own unique way.