Do you want to be part of using the business of banking as a force for good? Do you want to create positive impact for people and the planet? Bank Australia is the bank for people who want to be part of a movement creating a fairer and more just world. We’re growing fast as more people choose to align their banking with their values. We’re a customer owned, B Corp certified bank. We empower our staff and 180,000+ customers to be part of the clean money movement.
We currently have a permanent, full-time People and Culture (P&C) Support Officer position available in P&C. This position reports to the Head of P&C Operations, providing support and administration to the P&C group and broader business as required. This is an office based role.
This position support the range of P&C activities that contribute to quality and positive employee experience. In addition, the role supports the Chief People Officer with a range of tasks that are generally sensitive and complex in nature, including but not limited to report writing, policy review and drafting, preparing memos and policy documents for Board, and coordinating meetings with external stakeholders.
Why join us
- We have big plans to become Australia’s most trusted bank and a leading purpose-driven business.
- As a certified B Corp, we’re part of a global business community who meet the highest social and environmental standards, putting purpose over profit.
- Every role and person in our bank is essential to bringing our values, purpose and aspiration to life.
- We offer flexible working options and competitive salary and benefits, including 11% super and paid parental, volunteer and family violence leave.
- We support our staff to grow their careers through learning and development and an organisational culture where we reward and recognise innovation and values, not long hours.
- We are committed to building an inclusive culture and a diverse workforce that reflects the Australian community.
- We are the first bank in the world to own its own Conservation Reserve – which we use to protect threatened species and involve staff in conservation.
What you will be doing
- Support and respond to staff general enquiries both over the phone and by email
- Maintain personnel files and ensure all documents are correctly stored
- Maintain and provide reports as required from the P&C reporting systems
- Process P&C invoices
- Liaise with Procurement and Infrastructure and Accounts regarding new starters and manage IT requests for new staff
- Assist with the preparation of yearly budget for P&C administration activities
- Work closely with the Payroll team to manage new starter, employee movements and terminations
- Create and allocate position numbers in HRIS, ensuring relationships are correctly established
- Prepare and issue P&C related documents including but not limited to staff letters and permits, employment contracts, higher duties, allowances (first aid) and position changes in a timely and accurate manner
- Coordinate and assist the Talent Acquisition Partner with recruitment activities
- Process new starter documentation and on-boarding actions
- Maintain recruitment record compliance for new employees, variations and terminations
- Allocate probation workflows and draft letters
- Manage trainee administration processes, provide internal support / be a point of contact for trainees / interns
- Coordinate workers compensation claims and liaise with insurance agents as required
- Purchase staff gifts and cards (Years of Service, 21’st Birthdays, Christmas coins etc.)
- Coordinate P&C events, including but not limited to staff service awards, Story Day, Conservation Reserve trips.
What you will bring
- Excellent customer service orientation and interest in supporting and helping others
- Professional demeanour, high personal integrity and ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Ability to multitask and prioritise a busy and changing workload
- Outstanding communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Proactive, adaptable and flexible attitude and approach
- High level of organisation and strong administrative skills
- Quality oriented with very high level of attention to detail and accuracy at all times
- Good analytical and problem solving ability and experience working with data and numbers
- Strong systems and continuous improvement mind-set
- Team player attitude and collaborative style
- Ability to turn things around quickly and efficiently without compromising quality
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite and some exposure to HRIS systems, iChris21 / ELMO a bonus
- Human Resources qualification at Certificate IV or above preferred
- Commitment to Bank Australia’s purpose, aspiration, values and brand as well as the B Corp ethos.
Bank Australia reserves the right to withdraw this advertisement at any time. Candidates will be progressed as applications are received, rather than after the advertisement closure date. If you wish to be considered, please submit your application as soon as possible. Please note, the successful candidate will be subject to satisfactory background checks including but not limited to police and previous employment.