- Are you a highly experienced Teacher with a background in student wellbeing and a passion for social justice and inclusive education?
- Are you looking for a vibrant and dynamic educational setting that is working towards creating positive systemic change in education to support our most vulnerable children and young people?
- Want full-time or a flexible part-time position?
- If you are, THEN THIS IS WHERE YOU WANT TO BE!
Banksia Gardens Community Services is a vibrant community service charitable organisation operating in the northern suburbs of Melbourne. Our programs focus mainly on education and training, young people, early childhood, environmental sustainability and community participation and advocacy.
An exciting position is available in our Project REAL, a re-engagement program integrated in the Northern Centre for Excellence in School Engagement (NCESE). Project REAL is dedicated to the re-engagement in education and learning of primary school-aged children showing clear signs of disengagement, often as a result of exposure to early adversity and stress.
about the role
2 positions available.
Project REAL (Re-engagement in Education and Learning) employs a multi-disciplinary team to work with these young people using a therapeutic framework, with the ultimate goal of re-engaging them into their school by achieving the following objectives:
- Increase the child’s sense of self-esteem and agency;
- Establish corrective relational experiences;
- Apply the latest evidence to repair neurobiological damage caused by traumatic experiences;
- Maintain and improve community connections with school and circle of friends;
- Help participants to develop constructive interests and hobbies;
- Build a body of knowledge that can help build our capacity to effectively work with severely disengaged youth.
The purpose of these positions is to assist in the delivery of the teaching and learning programs of Project REAL and to provide support to the lead teacher as a member of the learning community team.
As a valuable member of the team you will works towards promoting a social and ready to learn context conducive to a successful re-engagement journey for our young children.
We are seeking highly committed, qualified and experienced teachers, with tertiary qualification in Primary/Secondary teaching, particularly working with highly dis-enfranchised children and their families.
Find out more about:
- You are a trauma informed, passionate and innovative teacher with significant experience in student wellbeing and engagement programs.
- You are able work collaboratively and inspire a high performing team to continue delivering high-quality engagement and learning programs in a fast paced, dynamic educational setting .
- You are committed to reflective practice and rigorous evaluation and capable of building the capacity of other teachers and schools to better understand and meet the complex needs of our students.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- Full-time or part-time flexible teaching position.
- Join a passionate and dedicated team making a positive difference in our community.
- Encouraged work-life balance and a broad range of leave entitlements, including annual leave, personal leave, purchased leave, leading paid parental leave, study leave and paid family and domestic violence leave.
- Access to a range of mental health and wellbeing supportive initiatives, including confidential counselling services and education programs, through our Employee Assistance Program.
- Salary packaging and novated lease arrangements on offer with leading provider, AccessPay, reducing your tax.
- Access to a range of ongoing learning and development opportunities that will benefit and support you in your role.
BGCS is a child-safe organisation and is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children and young people with zero tolerance for child abuse. All successful applicants will be required to undertake a National Police Record Check and Working with Children Check prior to commencement of employment and periodically following commencement.
A full position description is attached below.
To submit your application click Apply Now.