This is a great professional opportunity within a forward thinking community service agency. BaptistCare is a leader in working with the marginalised in our society. Our Counselling and Family Services team is in the process of developing further within the community services space, with a new strategic direction of service delivery integration.
We are offering:
- Multiple part-time/full time opportunities working across Campbelltown/Bankstown and Penrith sites
- Fantastic learning opportunities – staff professional development
- Clinical Supervision
- Genuine flexible and friendly work place, with opportunity for hybrid work approach
- Training, education and support
- As a registered not for profit organisation you may be eligible for generous tax-free salary packaging benefits
- Financial, retail and lifestyle discounts and benefits
- Employee Assistance Program - Independent confidential counselling service
- An inclusive culture of dedicated, passionate and professional team members
About the opportunity:
The purpose of these very fulfilling roles are to provide counselling or casework support and specialist group programmes to individuals, couples, children and families through collaborative practices that are trauma informed, evidence based and psycho-educational.
- To provide specialised counselling and/or case management to individuals, children/youth and families
- To organise and facilitate the delivery of psycho-educational and therapeutic groups for clients
- To undertake thorough assessments for clients and other persons with particular regard to family violence, child protection, trauma and relationship issues
- To deliver effective evidence-informed and practice-wisdom enhanced interventions
- To maintain a good knowledge of other relevant services and make client referrals as appropriate
- To maintain high quality service in multiple modalities of service delivery
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (social work, casework, psychology, counselling, community services or related discipline). Diploma level qualifications will be considered
- Membership to relevant association (eg; ACA, PACFA, AASW etc)
- The ability to undertake the duties of the role in accordance with BaptistCare’s Mission, Vision and Values and its Code of Ethics
- Demonstrated experience and skills in individual and group facilitation, settings with those experiencing and/or perpetrating Domestic Violence is an advantage
- Relevant skills and experience to perform intake, assessment and provide appropriate interventions and referrals
- The ability to work independently, a willingness and capacity to take initiative and to manage a high-volume counselling or caseload
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice outcomes
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, an ability to work collaboratively with a team
- Ability to engage and maintain relationships with key stakeholders internally and externally for an integrated service delivery
- Current NSW police check and working with children check or willingness to obtain
- Availability to commence role in July 2022
- Valid NSW Driver Licence and own reliable transport to travel across multiple sites.
- Understanding of NSW Practice Standards for Men’s Behaviour Change Programs
- Specialised counselling and/or case management to individuals, children/youth and families
- Mental Health First Aid
- Looking for both male and female counsellors and caseworkers
Successful applicants will be subject to various background checks (Police check and Working with Children Verification) via an external online platform.
To submit your application, click Apply Now.